You can type here any text you want

Maximum cubic inch for a new TA aluminum block?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Walker231T

Just curious on what's the maximum cubic inches you will be able to get out of the new TA Pefromance Aluminum blocks?

I think the max. bore for the TA block is 4" and if you combine that bore with a 3.625" stroke; that would calculate out to 273 cubic inches.
Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff Rand
I think the max. bore for the TA block is 4" and if you combine that bore with a 3.625" stroke; that would calculate out to 273 cubic inches.
Jeff

Yeah according to TA's website the max bore is 4" so as you said with a 3.625" stroke it's 273ci......

What happened to the raised cam version for BIG Cubes???

Originally posted by John Wilde
What happened to the raised cam version for BIG Cubes???

Very good question John! I remember reading on here about a year ago or so that there was going to be a version (raised cam) and it would be capable of 302ci, but I haven't heard anything about it lately.... Maybe TA's plans changed or maybe this version is in the works.... Where is Nick Micale when you need him?:D :cool:

Originally posted by 86brick
Very good question John! I remember reading on here about a year ago or so that there was going to be a version (raised cam) and it would be capable of 302ci, but I haven't heard anything about it lately.... Maybe TA's plans changed or maybe this version is in the works.... Where is Nick Micale when you need him?:D :cool:

He probably has no time to deal with tech questions, Hes to busy dealing with PIA members, A good use for someones time.:mad:
Otto

Otto,

Very good point.

BTW I saw Metallica at Candlestick and at Shoreline.
Kirk and crew were excellent. I just wish that they
had played some more older favorites of mine.
Some fans know they had music before mtv.

You are right about the 4" bore. As far as the raised cam version- I am of the oppinion Mike has his hands full with the initial block and heads. Mine is one of the very 1st he is assembling. He is close to completion - parts balanced and was ready for assy when he realized crowler sent the wrong rods- on center Vs off center. Unforseen things have popped up thru out the project. In talking with Mike- I can sense he is focused of this initial build and trying to catch any bugs before he releases it to me. I would assume when he has a few under his belt, he may shift his attention to other things like the raised cam version. Also, he told me last week he has taken pictures as the assy process has progressed. He is to send them to me and I will post them. :eek: Larry

Back