You can type here any text you want

Maximum size tire on GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Hello everyone,i am new to the site and gn's,i am also wondering what the biggest size tire fits under the stock gn.Was thinking about ordering a set of weld aluma stars,but dont know the right size,will a 275/50/15 nitto drag radial and a 15x8 with a 3.5 bs work? Thanks,gotta lot to learn!!

I run 15x8" welds with M/T Drag Radials (275/50/15) with 4" BS. I don't think 3.5" BS is enough. It may make the tire stick out.

I run a 15x7" with 3.5" BS in front on a 215/65/15 tire.

So the correct backspace would be 4''?I definatly dont want the rim and tire to stick out of the wheel well,but also dont want to rub the frame.So,i would be safer getting 15x8 with a 4'' backspace? Thanks for the help,new to the gn,but love it!!!:biggrin:

So the correct backspace would be 4''?I definatly dont want the rim and tire to stick out of the wheel well,but also dont want to rub the frame.So,i would be safer getting 15x8 with a 4'' backspace? Thanks for the help,new to the gn,but love it!!!:biggrin:

15x8 with a 4" BS puts the wheel inside the fenderwell without sticking out. A 4.5" BS will put it closer to the frame.

If your car is stock height, you can run a 275/60/15, which is a better size and helps your 60' times. My car is lowered 2" and I switch back and forth between my 19" wheels and my welds, so I have to run a 275/50/15.

wheels.jpg

Thanks for your help and your car is unbelievable!!!That gn looks killer!!!!:smile:

Only question i have now is,where did you get the rims with a 4'' backspace from? I tried looking on welds website,jegs and summit and they only have 3.5'' and 4.5'' listed.I want to get the same setup you have on your car.......That picture your posted blows me away!!!That is a sweet car!!

I wanna run the draglites,but wanna make sure i order the right ones

i run 15x8 3.5bs and a 275 50 15inch and they fit perfect you have to watch 4 inch bs because the tire will be close to the frame

Excellent,i am gonna order the 15x8's w/3.5'' backspacing and run m/t drag radials,275/60/15's

Excellent,i am gonna order the 15x8's w/3.5'' backspacing and run m/t drag radials,275/60/15's

i run 275 50's and i am going to go with 275 60's these are to short and i need a taller tire especially at 28 psi of boost:eek:

I ran the stupid 325/50/15 bgf drag radials.

Not enough sidewall to flex. Just bougth 275/50/15 becuase my car is lowered 1.5"'s and the 60's would have been to much.

the 325's only squeek when turning sharp corners aboe 10mph. They made no noise when going strait.

This is on a stock t wheel.

Attachments

• Driver side in driveway.JPG
    Driver side in driveway.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 247
Back