You can type here any text you want

ME-R users in Chicago area----Cant get it working

• Thread starter Thread starter AsphaltAnihil8r
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
A

AsphaltAnihil8r

Fu@k I am starting toi think that the ME-R is a POS,,cant get it to work anyone willing to help me out ,,Mount Prospect area........

Thanks Dennis:)

Heh, it can be frustrating but Steve is very much willing to help. I saw you posted on his message board. However, he did say some things that you should check. Clear ECM, disconnect and reconnect orange wire under hood. Make sure thumbwheel is on 0. Turn on key, engine off. After about 5 seconds, roll the thumbwheel up to 1. Then start the car. If you don't do this, it will run like crap, BTDT. Try that first. Afterward as long as you don't disconnect ECM power or let the battery go dead, you don't have to go back to 0 unless you want anti-theft.

Originally posted by John Larkin
Heh, it can be frustrating but Steve is very much willing to help. I saw you posted on his message board. However, he did say some things that you should check. Clear ECM, disconnect and reconnect orange wire under hood. Make sure thumbwheel is on 0. Turn on key, engine off. After about 5 seconds, roll the thumbwheel up to 1. Then start the car. If you don't do this, it will run like crap, BTDT. Try that first. Afterward as long as you don't disconnect ECM power or let the battery go dead, you don't have to go back to 0 unless you want anti-theft.
John I have tried that about 5times ,,but what I do notice is that you say roll the switch to 1,I did not see that in the instructions ,,,well maybe 6times is the charm for resting the orange wire....

Thanks
Dennis

Ok John did 100% of what you said,,,now car wont start at all,,maybe I have a loose wire from the map sensor to the plugs at the ecm,,or does that not really matter until you start changing parameters...
Dennis

Do you think it might be flooded? Mine seems to go rich during cranking; Steve is checking into it. Try giving it about 3/4 pedal while cranking. When you say won't start at all does that mean it never coughs or anything? Any malfunction codes, SES light on? Pull a plug and see if they're carboned up.

Plugs are soaked....they are Autolite 23,gapped at .037 ,running high boost shouldnt they be gapped lower ,maybe .032...should I get new plugs or are auto lights good...
So do I crank the car with the fuel pump disonnnected to dry it out ,,or with the ecm out since it is laying on the floor...
thanks again.
Dennis

Pull 'em and clean 'em. Gap them tighter, .032 sounds good. I use that on my ACs. I want to try Autolite 23s also; been told they are good.

Steve says my chip is burnt up and maybe the socket ,,he said the chip has a notch (dimple)and that needs to be AWAY from the wires coming out of the socket...weird that the car ran that way,ran ruff tho...

Keep you posted,need to send it all to Steve..
Dennis

Back