Mease Perf. Big Neck I/C and Alum. Shroud

QuickWE4

Fuggedaboudit.
All:

Wanted to give some positive feedback regarding Mease Performance - just installed their big neck intercooler and a custom aluminum I/C shroud. The big neck I/C is extremely well done - can't even see the welds where the new neck was installed. Plus, the aluminum shroud is really trick. I believe I was the first to get my hands on one of their custom shrouds for the stock-size intercoolers, and let me tell you - it's a real nice piece. It's powder coated in black and hangs just a little lower than the stock shroud and scoop. Looks awesome and the fit is perfect. Great for those of you - like me - who'd like to save the wear and tear on your stock shroud...

Plus, Mease Perf. is great to work with! Great prices and support!

A Pic of the I/C shroud are below. Kudos to Mease Performance!!!

Rich

Attachments

• mpicwshroud.jpg
    mpicwshroud.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 580
Pic of new alum. shroud on car...

Here's a pic of the shroud installed......side view....

Attachments

• icscoopsideview.jpg
    icscoopsideview.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 476
Front view....

Last pic of I/C shroud - here's the front view.

Thanks for looking!

Rich

Attachments

• scoopfrontview.jpg
    scoopfrontview.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 441
Rich,
That piece looks great. Did you FEEL any gains with that? I would like to see some track # with the I/C B4 & after............Jim

Jim:

I was lucky enough to get the car out today just before the snow started coming down. I noticed that the spool was a little better with the big neck on the I/C - definitely felt a difference.

The Mease I/C is basically a stocker with a modified neck similar to the dutt but with a thinner housing, so I would expect a bit better flow. I run a TA51, 009's, THDP, etc, so I went this route thinking that it certainly couldn't hurt things to open up the neck a bit.

Haven't had the opportunity though to do any significant driving, and probably won't for a while now as there's some pretty good snow falling here...

Rich

Intercooler

Is it anybigger than the stock intercooler,i know the necks are bigger.How was the install?Thanks for the info!Some body said its the stock intercooler with half of another welded up.Is that true?

It's a stock I/C with a bigger neck. Keith bead blasts the I/C, then repaints them after putting on the bigger neck. There's no hint of a weld where the new neck attaches, and it lines up with the turbo perfectly (naturally, the fact that this is a stock mounting I/C helps that alignment).

It's a far easier solution than finding a good used stock I/C, then buying the dutt neck, then finding somebody to do the welding. This neck has thinner walls than the dutt neck which gives it a bit more area inside.

I was especially pleased with the shroud. You have to take a lot of care to fit the shroud up in the car without scratching the heck out of it, but once it's in there, it's a beautiful piece.

Keith also makes stretch intercoolers as well - stocker with another half welded up. Workmanship is top notch.

Rich

Rich:

I got one of Keith's big necker's on the way! You got me going now!! I can't wait to put it on! Looks sweet!

Joel

Intercooler

Which one did you go with,the stock or the stretch?Also let me know how it runs,Thanks

Joel:

You'll be very happy with it, I'm sure. Take a look at the wide neck when you get it - it's a thing of beauty.

I also took a look at the some of the other things Keith has going right now - saw the new flange for his DP. That's REALLY nice - wish I hadn't just done a new DP or I'd be ordering one from Keith.

I've also been told that there's a valve cover project in the works right now.

rich

This question has probably been asked before but here goes again.

What is the difference with the stretch intercooler, to the stocker with big neck?

And how does both of thesed compare to the V4 as far as noticeability and performace?

By the way that piece looks Mint!!

And so does the DP hes got going on there.

thanks

jojo

The stocker with the big neck is just that - same number of cooling rows, but bigger inlet neck.

The stretch has more rows - it's actually a stock core with another half core welded I believe. I though the stretch was just overkill for my combo, and I'm focusing on stock appearing, so the stocker was the best choice for me.

The only thing I can say regarding the V4 is this: the V4S is the stock location and the V4R I believe is the stretch. I went with a V4S but couldn't get it to fit right (previous post on this last week). Decided to go with Keith's because the mounting points were all stock so there were no alignment problems. Plus, the jig that Keith uses to fit the bigger necks is dead on so there was no side-to-side alignment problem whatsoever.

The Mease I/C is, again, a nice solution if you don't want to go to the trouble of finding a good core and having the neck put on yourself - Mease always seems to have a few in stock as well. Just my humble opinion.

That is some great input you guys, 20 ponies is 20 ponies, and im sure that is about an average for putting one of those big necks on. Im wondering if i have to take my stocker off and send it to Keith, so he can weld on new neck, or does he just send anotner stocker already to go? And also this is my combo and wondering if the stocker big neck with that killer looking shroud will benefit me.

te44 turbo/set at about 17psi
009s on the way
JL chip 93
walboro 307/hotwire
stock inj
stock dp
free flow exhaust (Pretty good one)
adj reg
fuel pressure (rail)
stock IC
K&N 9IN filter
SMC kit on the way

and i may have forgot a couple of things, the car has never been to the track but is tuned right at this time. Im not sure how fast im going but any ideas would be great. Im probably guessing in the neighbor of about mid 13s and i also have a good set of michelon radials pilot H4s set about 22psi tire pressure.

thanks

jojo

jojo:

Send Keith your I/C - he'll bead blast it, weld the neck, and paint it for you with a light coat of paint so it dissapates heat (powdercoating would tend to make it retain heat I guess). Just take off your stock I/C label on the top if you're concerned (to that degree) about stock appearing and then reapply. You could also just trade him - he'll give you a credit on the core and send you a new one. Either way, I don't think you'd be looking a very long time - he turns that stuff around FAST.

Word of caution on the scoop - I covered mine in plastic garbage bag before I installed it because there's really no way of getting it in there without putting a few light scratches on it. It doesn't flex like the stock shroud. Once I had it in the car, I touched it up a bit and that was it. Did some nice silver sheet metal screws around the shroud too. Looks freakin mean on the car :cool:

I would think that even a completely stock car can benefit from the additional flow of Keith's I/C.
HTH
Rich

Is Mease Performance a newcomer to GNTTYPE's? I haven't heard about them until recently.

Anyone have their phone # / website / e-mail address / snail mail address?

It sounds like the make some really nice parts. I heard great reviews of their downpipe on this board.

Thanks,
John

John:

Mease Perf. is located in Mount Holly NJ - you can reach Keith at measeperformance@hotmail.com. He also makes some cool MAF pipes and what not. I also checked out the flange for his DP - really well made and the welds are awesome. I also noticed that the bushing for the puck put together very nicely - all top grade materials.

Rich

Thanks again Rich appreciate all the info, so i guess either way i will have to pull my stocker off and send the whole thing to him correct? By the way how much is this deal im assuming you have the figures.

thanks again

jojo

jojo:

No core is required on this - that's the good part. So you can either send yours in for an exchange or keep it as I did. I paid $250 for the i/c and kept my original I/C. Mounted it with some trick stainless hex bolts - really looks sweet. The new one is bead blasted, pressure tested, etc. I'll let Keith quote the price on the shroud, as I'm not sure if he's set a price yet. I forget what the price is on the I/C with the core exchange.....

Keith has a temporary website up with shots of some of his parts:
http://community.webshots.com/album/27735101OSojLwJwCO

damn, I sound like an informercial :D

Rich

Thanks for clearing that up Keith. Very helpful just need to figure out if the stretch and big neck will benefit more than just the big neck itself. Im currently running

te44/currently at about 17psi
adj fuel reg
walboro 307/hotwire
stock inj
stock IC
RA 93 chip
26-2800 9/11 conv shop stall/with blue clutches ect...

jojo