Measure Measure Measure!! Piston Woes!!

It looks like we've sorted out the misinformation in the thread and the block is honed not just bored. Back to my previous statement, if the side clearance is .0045 to .005 it will be fine.

Do you now understand why you had all us non-main guys confused, not that we know what we are talking about anyway..
You implied the bore was not finished..

The Machine shop did hone it and I’m now being told it was with a plate..

And as far as a competent builder I believe I more than qualify.

Did you know it was honed when you started this thread? Because if you didn't, that would go against your second statement quoted above.
And if you did know it was, why would you hone it twice? The shop charges you for the hone, that's wasted money...

also, you would never bore a block .005, that's a waste of time, if its that close you hone it to size.

And, you didn't post a pic of your honing tool....

Archie.. Because I said some of the main guys had contacted me and told me to chill... And that I was fine is not me insinuating that you or anyone else is not a plethora of information and experience or lacking the "Main" status. I am truly sorry if somehow I implied that. I am short of a year on this board and when your new you do a lot of searching. The guys who somehow are always given good advise are the ones us newbies would call the "Main" guys. If only 2 members contacted me I have the right to use said statement. Would it make other "Main" guys feel better If I had said "Nope.. I'm good because a few recently joined guys told me so." The word "Main" was to give some validity to further statements.

Which speaking of.. Dude I was freaking out. The machine shop did not do as I asked. And with ""MY"" first screw up of measurements I was really going nuts. I was looking for comfort that my original block was not garbage not to mention the stack of cash I just handed out on parts.

Just as a side note so you understand my extreme freakout.. The machine shop in question also tanked and cleaned my block with out removing the expansion/freeze plugs. Can ya see how things were going down hill as soon as I opened up the bag. Yeah I was freaking out!!

As far as a hone tool.. I have a master set of wheel cylinder hones.. That would work right?? I did say "Master Set" or did I just show my age? lol

Well, at least it sounds like it will all work out for you now.
I would still knock those plugs and cam bearings out and clean the best you can with break clean and a brush then hot soapy water, blow dry with compressed air. WD40 & clean rag right away on the fresh cylinders ONLY to prevent flash rust...

You need a long pipe brush for the oil galleys though. Maybe harbor fright will have something close.