You can type here any text you want

MECUM 2016 INDY

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BobbyBuick

87 GN sold for 22k 18 k miles didnt see it\
87 GN 9 k mileage sold for 26 K
87 WE4 sold wednesday for 16K
1970 blue stage vert sold for 185K
5k mile gn 86 sold for 31K
700 mile gnx sold for 96K Owner owned since 1996 only put 70 miles on it in 20 years perfect car perfect
54 Skylark sold 135K
1970 gold stage car sold 73K
a nice GN from some guys in Chicago i dont think sold the reserve was 60K

piece of junk GNX clone sold for 18 K buyer is going to be real disappointed misrepresented mileage
89 TTA went to 40 and didnt get reserve 1 of 1 prototype but car was misrepresented mileage it was rough

89 TTA pace car nice car didnt get reserve went to 20 k

had a great time there was a 289 ford ENGINE out of a wrecked cobra sold for 32K for just the 289 hypo supercharged.anyone need particular results i can get them for you

Last edited:
Thanks for the thorough report (y)
Prices do not seem to be on the rise... at least not in Indy?

According to discussions elsewhere, the one TTA was "Pilot #5", and had about 30k miles.
Apparently the owner thought that it being a Pilot car, it would be worth big $$.

According to discussions elsewhere, the one TTA was "Pilot #5", and had about 30k miles.
Apparently the owner thought that it being a Pilot car, it would be worth big $$.
well thats what i thought until i looked at it .under hood looked more like 130 and the seat bolster on the rear was worn clear through .just showed alot of signs of much higher mileage .the interior in my 130k GN is much nicer and under the hood for that matter. the quarter panel was a different color also

I'm hoping that one of the more knowledgeable TTA guys will jump in with more/better details? The consensus seemed to be that the guy was dreaming about value.

fwiw, the outer seat bolster on my 56K mile TTA (but, how sure can anyone be o_O) was worn so badly when I got it that it had something like 5 holes all the way thru... that leather did not hold up well to every-day use (I did have mine patched up, looks great now).

IMG_3192.JPG

SHOCK TOWER COVER MISSING YOU CAN SEE ALT PULLEY, FILL BOTTLES, OVERALL WEAR AND TEAR

IMG_3193.JPG

DOOR ,QTR DONT MATCH REPAINT ALSO LOOK AT DOOR ALIGNMENT

IMG_3194.JPG

CARPET,SEAT, STEERING WEAR
GOT TO 40 K AND NO SALE

The "pilot #5" TTA was on ebay for awhile and the guy couldn't sell it. So he's either way off on his price, or the car has real issues, maybe no paperwork?

Back