Meet my new little friend.

chadly

It really is this small. 380 auto Ruger LCP 9.4 oz. I have to get some sort of a holster for it yet. I really did not need this gun as I currently carry a Kel Tec PF9. However once I got it my hand I could not put it down. It seems so tiny and will be easy to conceal this summer when it’s hot and I’m not wearing much clothing. I did some youtube searches on the gun for reviews and it appears good. I also could not believe the accuracy at 25 and even 50 yards. If I remember correctly one guy (nuntinfancy) was shooting 4-5 groups at 25 yrds. :eek:

Attachments

• 380.jpg
    380.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 421
Nice gun. I've actually been looking at the same one at Academy. Feels good inside your pocket. Lightweight and thin. Good size Cal. I've also heard that the .380 ammo is hard to find.

Jeremy, as nice as your car is I assume you’re carrying too?
.380 ammo can be very tough if not impossible to find. I would have bought a .380 a year ago if ammo would have been available. However it’s starting to show up again. I found it on the shelf at Bass Pro and Scheels last week. They both had full metal jacket and personal protection. I also picked some up from Wal-Mart.

.380 ACP ammo is a real bitch to find for sure. I just ordered some from The Sportsmans Guide for my .380

Cheaper Than Dirt has only one brand right now & it's expensive. Usually they are the place I get ammo from.

I came very close to getting a Sig P232 for CC, but with .380 ammo still being a PITA to find as well as expensive I just went and bought a Glock 19 cause 9mm ammo is cheap and easy to find here as all the Walmarts have tons of it. That is a nice little gun though, I might end up getting a S&W 642 airweight revolver cause .38 special is easy to find around here as well.

I also could not believe the accuracy at 25 and even 50 yards. If I remember correctly one guy (nuntinfancy) was shooting 4-5 groups at 25 yrds. :eek:

I must be doing something wrong then...I can't hit a F'n thing with the little POS. I carry it during the summer because it is so small and it disappears with an IWB holster even with shorts and a t-shirt. But I wouldn't trust it to hit anything father out than ten yards or so.

They are very compact guns, but I wouldn't want to depend on the stopping power of a .380 to save my life. Anything smaller that a 9mm is like throwing pebbles IMO. I'm looking for a Warthog in .45, 10 rounds of .45 stopping power with a 3" barrel.

If you are looking for any ammo, try the Armory. THE ARMORY guns, firearms, ammunition, ammo, accessories, equipment, reloading, muzzloading They are a local shop that sells a LOT of ammo on the 'net. They sold 1.4 million rounds of .223 in 12 hours once!! I bought my AR-15 from them.

380 Auto (ACP) FMJ Aguila Box 50rds

They are very compact guns, but I wouldn't want to depend on the stopping power of a .380 to save my life. Anything smaller that a 9mm is like throwing pebbles IMO. I'm looking for a Warthog in .45, 10 rounds of .45 stopping power with a 3" barrel.

[/url]
Carrying my Glock 30 everyday was a pain it the ass. I have no excuse with the LCP and I never leave home without it. I'll bet that most people with .45 carry guns don't carry all the time.
I'm considering a Kahr pm40 but I'll still carry the lcp.
Scott

Carrying my Glock 30 everyday was a pain it the ass. I have no excuse with the LCP and I never leave home without it. I'll bet that most people with .45 carry guns don't carry all the time.
Scott

i carry my Para Ordnance P14-45 LDA all the time... Not on my body though :) Looking at a FN Five-seveN for my next toy.

That Ruger is nice, i had a Beretta .380 84 about 20 years ago... wish i still had it. Reminds me i need to break in my Panther LR308 AP4...

Happy Shooting!!!

I came very close to getting a Sig P232 for CC, but with .380 ammo still being a PITA to find as well as expensive I just went and bought a Glock 19 cause 9mm ammo is cheap and easy to find here as all the Walmarts have tons of it. That is a nice little gun though, I might end up getting a S&W 642 airweight revolver cause .38 special is easy to find around here as well.

The 642 is a nice light reliable gun. Very easy to conceal.

Scott

You are thinking the same as me. No doubt the .380 is a bit small but it’s comfortable to wear. If it’s not comfortable you won’t carry it for long. I make a habit if I grab my car keys or my wallet to grab my gun. I do not leave without it. This ruger is so small and so concealable there is no excuse to leave it behind. Just curious how are you carrying it? I’m looking at the wallet holsters.

I also picked up more ammo at Wally World today. $17/50 rounds. Its really starting to get easier to find.

I carry my S&W 4506 all the time. Yes, it's a big weapon, but I'm a big boy!!! I would like to maybe find a Kimber Crimson Carry, it's a little smaller and lighter....plus it has that cool laser pointer.....to point out the bad guys, if needed.

You are thinking the same as me. No doubt the .380 is a bit small but it’s comfortable to wear. If it’s not comfortable you won’t carry it for long. I make a habit if I grab my car keys or my wallet to grab my gun. I do not leave without it. This ruger is so small and so concealable there is no excuse to leave it behind. Just curious how are you carrying it? I’m looking at the wallet holsters.

I also picked up more ammo at Wally World today. $17/50 rounds. Its really starting to get easier to find.

I carry in a DeSantis pocket holster front pocket, but I would recommend the wallet holster for less printing.
Scott

I carry my S&W 4506 all the time. Yes, it's a big weapon, but I'm a big boy!!! I would like to maybe find a Kimber Crimson Carry, it's a little smaller and lighter....plus it has that cool laser pointer.....to point out the bad guys, if needed.

I'd probably carry the G30 more but with two little kids I'm always bending over and It's hard to keep it concealed.

That Kimber Crimson Carry is a bad boy

I have a old 380 Beretta and even though I have small hands the trigger wants to be at the middle of my index finger instead of the tip and I pull off line when I fire it, but I figure I can hit someone in the house.
At Ft Ord I hit a 1/2 target with a M-14 at 300 yds, shocked the $hit out of me.
Being in no gun So Cal I haven't even shot it in 10 years