You can type here any text you want

Melling engine parts any good ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
Just wondering if their parts were worth using, i have a new timing set made by them that im considering using im assuming that its just a basic stock replacement. my engine is a stock rebuild with the exception of a 206/212 cam. thanks

Melling has been around a long time that's for sure, I know they make dang good oil pump products and i would figure their other items would be of good craftsmanship as well.

Good to know, I will use what I already have then and put that money elsewhere in my build.

Melling has been supplying OEM's for many years, just like Sealed-Power/Federal-Mogul/SPX etc

Depends on the parts. The oil pickups are just fine, the Melling oil pump kits seem to work pretty good (except for a few failed HV sets). Threre's no way in hell I'd run one of their chinese front covers.

I'd have to do a LOT of research before I installed one of their timing sets. There's a chance they're chinese powdered metal. It's just too much work to change a part that's that cheap. Plus if you have a an aftermarket cam, you REALLY don't want to lose a timing set.

Depends on the parts. The oil pickups are just fine, the Melling oil pump kits seem to work pretty good (except for a few failed HV sets). Threre's no way in hell I'd run one of their chinese front covers.

I'd have to do a LOT of research before I installed one of their timing sets. There's a chance they're chinese powdered metal. It's just too much work to change a part that's that cheap. Plus if you have a an aftermarket cam, you REALLY don't want to lose a timing set.
Yep, just because it says "Melling" on the box doesn't mean its any good, or made in this country. Hell ALOT of GM parts are made in China

i went ahead and just ordered one from ta performance yesterday and got a new tensioner also. thanks for your input guys

Yep, just because it says "Melling" on the box doesn't mean its any good, or made in this country. Hell ALOT of GM parts are made in China
Very true...that's what the Heck is wrong with things these days, but that's for another thread

Back