You can type here any text you want

Met a Car Nut 4 Real!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KENAN_JAMES

This isn't your typical story but one everyone should like to here!
I am kinda new to the buick T-6 game but my car is and 87 limited that I got from my dad he's owned it since 87. I recently blew a head gasket and had to park it till I got funds together. I parked it at a friends house in the country, one day driving out there I notice a simuliar white T-Type park in a guys drive way. I asked one of his neighbors about the car and he told me the guy had a couple cars and even raced, WOW my kinda guy I thought. Just today I drove out there again to see the guy out in his yard so of course I had to stop and say whats up. I introduce my self and tell him how I saw his car, and have one simuliar, he then tells me how he has one that he races so of course I ask him whats your best time he says (10.38@132 ). I think to my self damn thats a beast, he then asked if I would like to see it, but of course I would. He walks me into his barn witch is impressive in it's own right but upon entering i notice at least eight cars covered. We walk pass that to see three more cars under covers then the prettiest black gn you would ever wana see. Pops the hood sure enough one bad ass set up roll bar included, 50K original miles. Surely this had already made my day but then we start talking cars and I asked what any of you would have(what else you got?). This guy who I will call John then shows me whats under the covers I will keep this short and sweet because only to see it with your own eyes does it justice, he has a 02 viper, ac cobra, 96 ZR-1, two 89 tta one has only 400 miles on it, He has six ****ing turbo buicks that right I typed six all mint condition three gn's-two T-Types and a limited w leather like mine I almost fainted when he started pulling off the car covers. It was the most impressive collection of mucsle cars I had seen in person, the guy is my new idol. I voluntered to cut his grass for free to just be able to hang out but I am waiting for and answer. Wrote this too lets people know there still are car nuts out there and I damn sure met one!:D Don't bother asking where because I would never TELL!!!!

haha that would be my guess
and ill bet he has a nice big pole barn!

time for me to go looking.. i need some new parts and ill make sure i mention you told me where to find the place

haha just kidding of course

I live in cleveland. and my dads garage is in the suburbs of cleveland and it's pretty impressive too. (1986gn mint 20kmi, 69 chevelle ss 396 L89 a/c mint , 67 chevelle ss 396 L78 a/c, 65 malibu ss 283 all original a/c, 2002 Zo6, 93 porsche 911 c2, and 2 1955 chevy belairs.) But clearly not as impressive as the one you mentioned. A guy down the steet from us has a handful of TTAs, Several Dsms, a couple of GTAs, and a 69 GTO. But I don't know of the guy you speak of. I have probably seen him around but never knew his garage was heated like that. Would love it if "John" was on this forum maybe he could give me some tips and pointers on my new project.

well my old man keeps it simple in the winter he always keeps a couple of older 4x4 wranglers around, but a few years back he bought the GMC sonoma version of the s-10 XR2 (I think thats what it's called). He now has his eye on my moms escalade ext because she is getting the new escalade esv, don't ask why.

yeah i think its called a the highrider, its an alright little truck, nothing special.
KENAN_JAMES: Hey man tell us some more about this guy "John" by the way what part of cleveland are u from.

I live in Cleveland Hts. born & raised. I don't know if John wants his bussiness out there like that, would you? He definately knows his stuff probally a member. He goes to nationals got pictures to prove it, but didn't go this year. Just trying to protect his rides and privacy thats what friends are for, gotta respect it.:cool:

Of course, you gotta respect his privacy. i was just wondering if there was anymore info about the cars stats or if he was a member. My family stays on glenmount right off coventry you probably heard of us.

I was on coventry today ate at Chipolte(love that place), who your family? man 29k miles do you ever drive that thing!

I am a Boseman... you know us?
rarely drive it, but when I do boy do I get on it. its at the paint shop now in painsville I am trying to sell some of my other cars so I can get another TR that I can drive more often. wanna sell or trade yours??? I'll take it blone head gasket and all .;)

I don't think I would ever sell it honestly, most fun I ever had driving a car! Mine is a 87 limited white/ w grey leather & t-tops only 1035 like it. My dad is the original owner Gm employee for 32 years(Parma Plant) car well maintained not even rip in the leather. Just the usual stuff for one w 100,xxx miles repainted two yrs ago(good job). Only reason I blew the head gasket is because I was a rookie at this, thought I blew the engine almost cried out loud when it happened :eek: to much knock had turbo-link didin't even have it hooked up:mad:. This site is the shisnit you guys have taught me so much, I could never put a price on what I have learned here:D. Going to do the head gasket myself this weekend with a friend,along with 40# inj. and valve springs Got plans to buy another in the near future, and completely restore mine. The car to most people is just a regal to me it's PRICELESS!!

yeah you better hold on to that thing. Maybe I'll see you on the street once you get it up and running and mines gets back from paint.

With 29k how bad could the paint be? Out of curiousity how much does a fresh black paint job cost these days?

Oh the paint was bad cause prior owner had burned a couple of the edges with a pro buffer, and some scatches from him storing stuff by it in the garage. However with a good wash and a cheap wax it looked like new from about 10 feet away. But the car really deserved a better paint job then that. I know alot of body men and I could of gotten a pretty good job for well under $1000. But I wanted the best so we used my dads body man. The dude is the best around at painting and body work. He goes down south to gets 30s 40s 50s piece cars and chops and drops them and doesn't even paint them and still sells them for well over $50,000. He said he would give it his best work for $3000 down. Once I see the finished product I'll kick in what I think is fair.

sure, its stripped down right now and should be getting sprayed any day now (originally supposed to be done in late august), I miss just lookin at it in the garage, the guy even said he would respray and coat the gnx rims. once it comes back home it should be a perfect ten.

Back