You can type here any text you want

Metal speaker cover plate ...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
I remember that there was someone selling a metal dash cover plate (where the speakers are) to go over the stock unit which always end up cracking but I don't remember who it was or where to find one… My car is being restored and I'd like to get one and install it and be done with it…I don't really want to buy another stock one 'cause I know that after a while it'll crack again.
Can someone help?

Claude.

Hi Claude,
I"m pretty sure it was Dennis Kirban who offered this.
I remember it too!

Maybe check with Dennis or Pete.
I'm sure that a bunch of us will be following this thread with interest! ;)

dave

Hi Claude,
I"m pretty sure it was Dennis Kirban who offered this.
I remember it too!

Maybe check with Dennis or Pete.
I'm sure that a bunch of us will be following this thread with interest! ;)

dave
Thanks for your suggestion…I just did "pm" Dennis… As for "Pete"…"Pete" who" ?

Claude.

Thanks for your suggestion…I just did "pm" Dennis… As for "Pete"…"Pete" who" ?

Claude.

Pete Hoffman goes by Phoff on this board. He used to work with Dennis for many years.....was his right hand man.
Believe he has left Kirbans and is now out on his own. He may have some more information on this item for you Claude.
Good Luck!

Your rite I recall we did make them for a short period of time....maybe 6-7 years ago? I have none the ones seem to hold up thus far...

besides the metal ones did not have the texture or depth look to them perhaps a reader here has one to sell.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

i have one brand new from dennis in gray .. if you're interested Claude

Could you post a picture so we can see what it look like?

its just a flat plate with slots like OE for speakers and cutouts for the defrost vents , sits on top of the OE part with double stick or you can silicone it down

I see, an overlay. I assume if the speaker area was all warped you could cut the bad part out and this would cover it. Nice idea.

Or maybe better yet, remove the warped factory speaker / dash cover and then install this metal one.
You may need to install some insulation or some sort of pad as a spacer to bring the metal plate up to an appropriate height to match dash board.
One could always get the metal dash plate covered with some matching fabric. Better make sure it's UV resistant though!

Please post some pics for us when you are able.

thx

dave

Could you post a picture so we can see what it look like?

its just a flat plate with slots like OE for speakers and cutouts for the defrost vents , sits on top of the OE part with double stick or you can silicone it
Or maybe better yet, remove the warped factory speaker / dash cover and then install this metal one.
You may need to install some insulation or some sort of pad as a spacer to bring the metal plate up to an appropriate height to match dash board.
One could always get the metal dash plate covered with some matching fabric. Better make sure it's UV resistant though!

Please post some pics for us when you are able.

thx

dave

heres pics .. the plate is neat idea when the OE went discontinued and nos was getting hard to find and expensive. but it does need the oe for support and if yours is warped up i dont see how his plate will help, plus its metal so there could be a noise issue if it contacts the windshield or vibrates on the old
best today would be just replace yours with the repop at around 200.00 which is as good as the NOS and cheaper.. hard to tell them apart

Attachments

• 0122170756.jpg
    0122170756.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
  • 0122170756a.jpg
    0122170756a.jpg
    815.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 0122170756b.jpg
    0122170756b.jpg
    733.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 0122170757.jpg
    0122170757.jpg