You can type here any text you want

Metco's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Murdock

If I install metco's in the back, is there any other upgrades i should look for. I want to decrease body roll and increase traction. I have a driver side airbag aswell. Any thoughts??

Yep...
Ditch the air bag.
Add the HR sway bar.
Add upper adjustables.
Add some dbl adj shocks to all 4 corners.
Remove the ft sway bar.

Removing the front swaybar wont help gain traction. It will only decrease weight and make the car sloppy to drive on the street. Otherwise, I agree with the above statement.

??

Removing the front swaybar wont help gain traction. It will only decrease weight and make the car sloppy to drive on the street. Otherwise, I agree with the above statement.

What's the wt reduction on the ft end worth?
Can certainly help w/ pitch rotation. Especially if 1 side of the ft end comes up faster than the other....
As for sloppy on the street.. The rear bar helps eliminate that situation....
Otherwise, "I disagree w/ your disagree"...:D :D

The front swaybar weighs 26lbs. Yes the HR bar claims to take the roll out of the car but that is not true for a street car. You need to link between the two lower front A arms in order to take the roll(SWAY) out of the front of the car. It doesnt matter what you do to the rear, when cornering on the street, you need a swaybar on the front. Yes, if your car is a track only car, take the front bar off and dont worry about it. Otherwise, the bar takes the roll out of the rear. So, I disagree with your disagree. Please post more if you can show me facts that I am wrong.

My comments..

The front swaybar weighs 26lbs. Yes the HR bar claims to take the roll out of the car but that is not true for a street car. You need to link between the two lower front A arms in order to take the roll(SWAY) out of the front of the car. It doesnt matter what you do to the rear, when cornering on the street, you need a swaybar on the front. Yes, if your car is a track only car, take the front bar off and dont worry about it. Otherwise, the bar takes the roll out of the rear. So, I disagree with your disagree. Please post more if you can show me facts that I am wrong.

were made from personal experience. I saw no mention of the "streetability" in the poster's question. He asked: "I want to decrease body roll and increase traction. I have a driver side airbag aswell".
I guess if you are a "corner carver", your statement is pretty much correct.
Wether we agree, or disagree, makes absolutely no difference. As for proving you are wrong w/ facts.... I have better things to do w/ my time.:rolleyes:

The reason for front sway bar removal is not weight but weight transfer. With the sway bar out, the nose will travel higher with out sway bar bind, hence planting weight tranfer to the rear more. It supposed to help with traction. It does effect street driving a little.

True, and many straight line guys have a myth that taking the front bar off will make a dramatic difference in how the car hooks. This is not true, basically all it does is decreases weight by 26 lbs. I do agree the HR bar is a great way to make the car hook, I'm just making the statement that there is no need to take the front bar off. There are other alternatives like the lighter weight hollow bars. This will allow for streetability and weight loss. Otherwise just leave the front bar on.

The reason for front sway bar removal is not weight but weight transfer. With the sway bar out, the nose will travel higher with out sway bar bind, hence planting weight tranfer to the rear more. It supposed to help with traction. It does effect street driving a little.

This is true as well, less weight in the front helps with weight transfer, hence removing the front bar reduces weight. With adjustable uppers and the pinion angle set correctly, the center can be set.

Chuck, I usually agree with everything you say but I hate the HR swaybar for street use. It reduces bodyroll and makes the car "feel" like it handles better when in fact, it's an oversteering monster when pushed to it's limits. Straight line traction is great but it really makes the car tail happy at the cornering limits.

I guess I dod forget to mention..This is for street use...and to the track from time to time. What about the Koni adjustable shocks..??

I'd just get a set of Bilsteins and be done with it for the street and occasional track but that just my opinion.

I'd just get a set of Bilsteins and be done with it for the street and occasional track but that just my opinion.

I got those now...brand new less than 500 miles on them. I might be a little hard on the GN, being Im comparing it to my TTA..which is more like apples to oranges in the suspension dept. Anyway thats the feel i was wanting to come close to if possible.

Yeah I would have to say it is going to take a lot of work to get your GN to handle like a TTA. I have about just about every top of line suspension component on my GN to get the quality ride I want. There are a lot of farely inexpensive ways to get you there. Have you read the thread in my signature yet? Might want to check it out, it goes pretty in depth into our suspensions. Good luck and PM me if you have any questions! -----Jeremy

Yeah I would have to say it is going to take a lot of work to get your GN to handle like a TTA. I have about just about every top of line suspension component on my GN to get the quality ride I want. There are a lot of farely inexpensive ways to get you there. Have you read the thread in my signature yet? Might want to check it out, it goes pretty in depth into our suspensions. Good luck and PM me if you have any questions! -----Jeremy

Great, thanks for the help !!!

Back