You can type here any text you want

Michelin?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6-Sauce

hi, I have falken;s in the rear of the gn...thinking about getting new tires more sticky all around, thinking going with michelin but which kinds to fit a 15" stock rim, I like the 235 look all around but I think there's ones for our cars available only in 225...what are they called, are they performance or all-seasons? which is the best to fit our rear wheel drive?

I run firestones on mine.

My silver limited on the stock wheels have 235/60/15 on the front and 275/60/15 on the rear. They are real close to rubbing the rear quarters.

I would definitely do the 255/60/15 in the rear.

My favorite looking and feeling tire for a 15 inch wheel is the bfg radial tires.

They look good and hook on the street for a radial tire.
This is just a stock photo, black on one side and raised white letters on the other.
BFGoodrich Tires 71728 - BFGoodrich Radial T/A Tires - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Here is the 275 bfg on my silver car, 235's up front

100_2816.jpg

There is no real tire in a 15" diameter that is sticky aside from getting a drag radial. I have Firestone Firehawks on my ride and the traction is pretty good for a street tire.

Personal experience speaking, I would choose Firehawk Indy 500s over BFG Radial TAs any day of the week. And yes, I have lots of seat time with both. ;)

Although Mickey Thompson came out with a street radial a year or so ago; I'm curious how that performs.

Personal experience speaking, I would choose Firehawk Indy 500s over BFG Radial TAs any day of the week. And yes, I have lots of seat time with both. ;)

Although Mickey Thompson came out with a street radial a year or so ago; I'm curious how that performs.

I agree the Firestones look better. I drove the car in rain the other day and I was real impressed with the traction.

I run firestones on mine.

My silver limited on the stock wheels have 235/60/15 on the front and 275/60/15 on the rear. They are real close to rubbing the rear quarters.

I would definitely do the 255/60/15 in the rear.

Here is the 275 bfg on my silver car, 235's up front

Great photo!

Love the whites.

I agree the Firestones look better. I drove the car in rain the other day and I was real impressed with the traction.

Really? I had Indy 500s on my old Daytona and loved them. Wet, dry, even in snow. I have Wide Ovals on my Charger and they are awesome in the rain. No snow though.

Ok, side by side, the firestone tires are smaller in size when compared to the same size in the BFG. I had the 275/60/15 bfg's and went down a size when i went with the firestones. Down to a 255/60. They were tiny.

So when they were bald 9 months later, i went for the firestone larger size tire, the 275/60/15 and compared them next to the BFG's.

The bfgs were definitely larger in size side by side.

A really good friend of mine on this board 8uwith6 works at firestone here in town, and if he sold bfgs as cheap as the firestones, thats what i would go back to.
The tire tread design to me looks alot better, and the tire just has a more appealing sidewall.
I was getting really good 60's at the track with the bfg's and it would dead hook at the track, but would spin in any gear on the street.

Take it easy
BW

Back