You can type here any text you want

Midwest fall shootout???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

buttonfly

The stable....
I checked on the f-body board, but I am guessing there will not be a fall shootout? Has anybody heard anything confirming that? I was curious to know, because I couldn't make last year with a blown headgasket, and then this year I was fighting converter issues as well as the COLD:mad: Any info would be appreciated

It's not loking good at all for the Fall Shootout. There have been no official plans to put it on. Last year, KCIR jacked up the rental fee and Todd took a bath on the event. He made enough to pay the track fee and buy us dinner on the way home. Unless KCIR will cut a better deal, the event is doomed to either extinction, or relocation. There is just way too much BS to put up with to not make a nickel for his time and effort. There is months of taking pre-pays and dealing with phone calls and pay-pal, not to mention all the race-day BS that has to be dealt with. Remember the guy in the white '68 Camaro last fall? You couldn't pay me enough to deal with J-Os like him. I will miss the event also. It was the only racing I have done for the last couple of years. Todd is looking into other locations, but I believe they are on the other side of the state from you. Would you guys come down this way for a change. I know some would, but the numbers would be offset by the increase in cars from around here. I really enjoyed the Buick count @ KCIR and was always pushing for more. If we decide to move it, I will post up here.

Steve

Boy that sucks. I know there has to be a bunch of b.s. associated with putting on the event. It was always so much fun to just go out and run whatever. You could tune all day and get some great seat time in. The spring shootout was so damn cold and I was fighting converter issues, and couldn't get the car to MPH at all. I have gotten everything straightened out and was really looking forward to a fall shootout. I was even gonna by some fresh DR's to run on. Well if it helps at all I would be willing to pay extra and I am sure many others would as well. I would pay 75 for a day of racing like that. I mean we go out to the grudge nights and spend 20 bux and maybe get 3 passes in, only if you hot lap the car at least once. At the shootouts you could get 12-15 passes in and never hot lap the car, they were a blast!! I will really miss them if it doesn't happen. I would be willing to go somewhere. Maybe there is a track between us that would work.

I feel the same way about the event. If you figure out how much you spend for less passes on a regular T&T night, it makes sense to me to pay 50+++ for all the passes you want. Plus, there are no imports to deal with and very few chassis cars. I can't think of any tracks between here and there since MAR is gone. Sikeston is out of everybody's way, but would be a really good time. I'll keep everybody posted if there are any plans.

I feel the same way about the event. If you figure out how much you spend for less passes on a regular T&T night, it makes sense to me to pay 50+++ for all the passes you want. Plus, there are no imports to deal with and very few chassis cars. I can't think of any tracks between here and there since MAR is gone. Sikeston is out of everybody's way, but would be a really good time. I'll keep everybody posted if there are any plans.

Yea I wish there was something we could do. How much is a track rental anyways?? I really hate to see the event shut down. Keep in touch!!

Subscribed.

My new motor STILL isn't done but should be in the next couple of weeks. I would like to get to a track to do some tuning when it gets done. I would be willing to pay $75.00 to get alot of runs in.

Bryan

Subscribed.

My new motor STILL isn't done but should be in the next couple of weeks. I would like to get to a track to do some tuning when it gets done. I would be willing to pay $75.00 to get alot of runs in.

Bryan

I am glad to see it would be worth more to alot of us.

Subscribed.

Bryan

I'd kick in $25 to finally see your car run.

I'm in the same boat as you. I tore the motor down to freshen it up, so I probably won't be ready to go until Spring anyway. I'll make a push to get something lined up for Spring '09. I'm pretty sure we've given up on something for the Fall.

Steve

I'm in the same boat as you. I tore the motor down to freshen it up, so I probably won't be ready to go until Spring anyway. I'll make a push to get something lined up for Spring '09. I'm pretty sure we've given up on something for the Fall.

Steve

Well that would be cool. Maybe we can get something a little later than March 15th, since we had to endure all the setbacks this spring with the rescheduling. This past spring shootout was so damn cold. You guys had to be freezing standing up in the ticket booth. Keep us posted! Thanx for your help Steve, and tell Todd there is a few of us that would pay extra, because he deserves to make a dime too.

We'll make something happen. And yes it was freezing in the booth. In fact Todd got pneumonia and missed work ther next week.

Steve

Steve

Thanks Steve, I am holding you to it.:biggrin:

Bryan

Back