You can type here any text you want

mini tub car??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BEATBY6

Did anyone install a narrow rear on a mini tub GN??If so how much shorter did you get the housing made? Also what size rims and backspacing did you use?? TIA..

I run a factory width 9" and cut down aftermarket alum. wheel tubs (so kinda like a minitub, just not by modifying the factory wheelwells) It will now easily accomidate ~ a 12.5" wide tire. I run a true 10.5"x28 and just use a 15x8 wheel w/ more backspacing so they tuck under nice and i can set the car down more (adj. coil overs/ladder bars in rear). I don't know if you would see much benefit in a narrowed rear if you are just going the minitub route.

Originally posted by StageII86
I run a factory width 9" and cut down aftermarket alum. wheel tubs (so kinda like a minitub, just not by modifying the factory wheelwells) It will now easily accomidate ~ a 12.5" wide tire. I run a true 10.5"x28 and just use a 15x8 wheel w/ more backspacing so they tuck under nice and i can set the car down more (adj. coil overs/ladder bars in rear). I don't know if you would see much benefit in a narrowed rear if you are just going the minitub route.

What classes are you planning on running this year? Seems we have the same limiting factors.

Well, so far, untill I get up to 3300lbs (from 3070), I'm just going to the local 1/8 mile track and having fun. Makes the big block nitrous cars scratch their heads. The Texas True 10.5 class requires ANY "turbo" car to weigh 3300lbs. So i have to weigh as much as a turbo 408 Mustang (kinda dumb since i'm only 274ci). I'm looking into it anyway next year, though. The quickest ones are in 5.50's, but you can actually be competitive all the way up to 6.30's. I should hit 5.60's soon. As far as Buick classes go, I think my car is just pretty much an outcast.

Back