MINT 1987 Buick T-Type *South Florida*

I cannot afford the gas for it and a Turbo Buick (especially one this nice :cool: ) doesn't deserve to have a ton of miles put on it...

Just curious, what kind of gas mileage is it getting? Or how many miles on how much gas (150 miles on 3/4 tank etc.) :tongue:

Just curious, what kind of gas mileage is it getting? Or how many miles on how much gas (150 miles on 3/4 tank etc.) :tongue:

The car is getting around 15 mpg right now, give or take (i'm really bad with this stuff :redface: ) I DO believe, however, that once the fuel pressure is adjusted this number will increase a pretty hefty deal - the car seems like its running rich and one of the local guys was telling me with the FP adjusted i should be in the 20s for mpg's...

Something is wrong with the mixture, talk to Eric at TurboTweak. I was getting close to 30 mpg with the car listed in my sig. on pump gas. 27-28 on a 50/50 mix of E85 and pump gas. If you're running Red's 93 Chip it will get poor MPG's though, but not quite this bad. mid 20's.

Something is wrong with the mixture, talk to Eric at TurboTweak. I was getting close to 30 mpg with the car listed in my sig. on pump gas. 27-28 on a 50/50 mix of E85 and pump gas. If you're running Red's 93 Chip it will get poor MPG's though, but not quite this bad. mid 20's.

as already stated the car is running rich and the fuel pressure definately needs an adjustment. i personally think this is the cause. either way, i'm selling the car and not about to put money into it, however easy the fix may be. that is why i stated the fact that there are adjustments which need to be made - so that the buyer is aware of them and can act accordingly.

If the adjustment is this simple, it makes me wonder why you dont just take care of it? Makes me wonder if you really know a lot about these cars.. Was this a recent purchase?

If the adjustment is this simple, it makes me wonder why you dont just take care of it? Makes me wonder if you really know a lot about these cars.. Was this a recent purchase?

for the same reason you dont come to my house and fix it yourself - i dont have the time, money, energy, or desire to fix it. Again, i'm selling the car. It doesnt matter to me anymore. I list "problems" with the car so potential and interested buyers are aware, for THEM to fix and deal with. If i cared that much, i would be keeping the car. I have no use for it anymore, and no more time or money to put into it. I also NEVER said i know a lot about these cars. Actually, EVERY time i make a thread asking advice or telling about a problem, i am SURE to put "i do not know much about these cars" so stop taking it upon yourself to make assumptions, because they're starting to piss me off.

No, the purchase wasnt recent look at my join date...i've had the car for a year now.

and PLEASE, if you're not interested in buying dont comment.

for the same reason you dont come to my house and fix it yourself - i dont have the time, money, energy, or desire to fix it. Again, i'm selling the car. It doesnt matter to me anymore. I list "problems" with the car so potential and interested buyers are aware, for THEM to fix and deal with. If i cared that much, i would be keeping the car. I have no use for it anymore, and no more time or money to put into it. I also NEVER said i know a lot about these cars. Actually, EVERY time i make a thread asking advice or telling about a problem, i am SURE to put "i do not know much about these cars" so stop taking it upon yourself to make assumptions, because they're starting to piss me off.

No, the purchase wasnt recent look at my join date...i've had the car for a year now.

and PLEASE, if you're not interested in buying dont comment.

Well said. Some people amaze me. GLWS

I simply asked a question and you are beating me over the head? Far too often people say that its a simple fix, when in fact they have no idea. And this seems like the case, and you confirmed it. It "could" be something minor, or it "could" be something major and whomever is interested should be aware, thats all.

I was interested, its just too far to take a look at it, and too many "what ifs" for me.

GLWS! :biggrin:

Car looks nice. How many miles on it. I just sold my high mile GN and I'm looking for something clean. I also have a '95 Eagle Talon Turbo FWD with only 86,000 miles on it that I need to get rid of.

Car looks nice. How many miles on it. I just sold my high mile GN and I'm looking for something clean. I also have a '95 Eagle Talon Turbo FWD with only 86,000 miles on it that I need to get rid of.

The car itself has about 115k, but the previous owner had the top-end and tranny both rebuilt at 97k, giving them around ~18,000 miles. I am pretty interested in that Talon...any way you can give me some more info and send some pictures of it? ktrainhurricane@yahoo.com
-Thanks!

The talon is actually in pretty good shape. It could use some lovin' though. 5speed, sunroof, red, not much else to say about what it is. The airbag panel on the passenger side is curled up so I'm looking to replace that. There's a small rip on the drivers side bolster, other than that the interior is in decent shape, I rarely had passengers in the car. The paint shines up ok, but it's a 15 year old car. I bought it in 2000 with 20k miles on it and put 60k miles on it in 10 years. It's not a creampuff by any means, but it's not a POS either, plus its getting hard to find these things anymore. It runs like a champ. All new belts were put on about 4-5000 miles ago. Oh, the drivers side door handle broke, but I have brand new door handles 4 it. I'll see if i can find some pictures of it.

nice car

You have a real nice car stick to your game plan it will sell things just slow now but looks like price is right and really like the rims nice contrast between them and paint also like ride stance:cool:
Good luck
Tom

You have a real nice car stick to your game plan it will sell things just slow now but looks like price is right and really like the rims nice contrast between them and paint also like ride stance:cool:
Good luck
Tom

Thanks a lot. I actually felt the same way about the all black rims contrasting the blackout package and dark tints which is why i did it.

Here's another weekend bump...