You can type here any text you want

MLS gasket users, please chime in here.......

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fastblackracing

This will be my first time using a mls gasket on my T/R...... For a high boost 30+ engine Out of the different brands and thicknesses available is there a preferred brand?......... And is there one thickness that works better than the others? ........I am in the planning phase now so I can make adjustments based on what thickness that I end up using......Thanks in advance

I am using comitics 3.860 .40 thick . 30lbs is no joke I would be worried about your bottom end . Here is a pic of my cracked main cap running E85 and 31lbs . So just gives you a idea how good MLS gaskets are .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    808.2 KB · Views: 100
I am using comitics 3.860 .40 thick . 30lbs is no joke I would be worried about your bottom end . Here is a pic of my cracked main cap running E85 and 31lbs . So just gives you a idea how good MLS gaskets are .
Thanks dank. Looks like you had some pretty good detonation going on there. Impressive that the gaskets held up. Was this using 8 head bolts per head or 14?

Cometics are great gaskets but, leak oil and water if not installed correctly. Do your research first.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I've had good results with cometics installed clean and dry as cometic recommends. I also use recommended torque for head studs and do not use any more. Also check the block and heads for straightness every time.

Ime coolant leaks are hit or miss and gm seal tabs take care of it. Oil seeping thats a reality with cometics and is what it is.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I am not to concerned about nuisance leaks more so interested if a 3 layer is stronger then a 5 layer and so on......if anyone has experience with this feel free to comment.....Thanks

Back