You can type here any text you want

Modded 5.9 R/T

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MrBoost86

i was cruising back from getting some milk tonight and thought i'd go by one of the cruise spots near my house. I went by but didn't stop and there is a bright red dodge "dakota" sized pick up waiting to leave. He falls in behind with a small skeech out of the sonic. I just drive normal and he eventually gets past about a truck length and stomps it for about 3 seconds. Amatuer. We're on the busiest street in town right now and he's tryin' to run me. I just stay cool and keep driving all the way out to the edge of town and start going towards a good straight place to run, but i have to keep him interested. It's a fun game if you know how to do it. He turns exactly where i want him to, and he kind of punches around the corner again. The truck sounded awesome. I give a little boost up to his door and start slowing to go from a 30 or so. he never would let me get even with him so i pulled her down into second. As soon as i did he floors it and runs off. WTF? We finally get to a light but i wont race from it because other cars on the other side tend to run the light, so i tell him not to go. He says ok. "Hey, what's that thing run?" I was like "thing"? I say i dont know:rolleyes: I told him it's my daily driver with 143 thousand on it, which is true. He says "mine too". I was thinking, its a brand new truck, idiot. So we go to the next light which went straight out of town and didn't catch it. I get stopped and start to spool, but retard just goes right by with it wide open. He was already thru the intersection when i left with about 4 lbs. I caught up to his back bumper in first, passed him + a carlength in second and owned him in third. had him by four cars easy, but he may have tucked his tail after i anhilated him in third. I let her stretch her legs to about 100 then let off. We turned at the next road and he stopped. I told him that he had a nice pick up, and that it's faster than I'd thought it'd be.:o But he was gracious. He told me he had headers, exhaust, computer upgrade and some sort of cold air plate or something. I asked if it was a real R/T and he said "yeah, it's the real deal." I thought to myself "not really, but...." Anyways, it was a good night. Thought i'd share. Boost on.

Be cautious in the Chorpus Christi area, my buddy has a blue R/T that is not to be toyed with lightly. After destroying the stock block with the supercharger, he bought a race ready Mopar performace crate motor that is dyno tested at 600+...he has sent me some nice video of him rolling out on a Z06...

As an owner of an R/T, Id love to see that video. People always try to race me when Im in my dakota. I dont bother racing since its slow and gets terrible gas mileage. But hey, it looks fast.:rolleyes:

If I can find where I stashed it (big file), Ill get it to ya. New heads, supercharger, exhaust and chip got him up to about 485Hp but at a stop light he ended up with antifreeze spraying on the windshield and new he had made a milshake.

Originally posted by mygrain
As an owner of an R/T, Id love to see that video. People always try to race me when Im in my dakota. I dont bother racing since its slow and gets terrible gas mileage. But hey, it looks fast.:rolleyes:

15's aren't bad for a truck that costs 20 something. They look like neat little trucks.

I think that those trucks are kinda cool, if the owners keep them that way. An older man in town has a bronze colored one with a black shaker style scoop coming thru the hood. He keeps it clean and that's what makes a vehicle nice is the upkeep. But they can be made to sound nice, as well. This one sounded reaalllly mean.

Can't wait to mess with the new Ram SRT-10 with the Viper powerplant. One drove by me as I was exiting the highway the other day. They look like fun.

well its my first post around here, Im soon to be getting a 87 grand national (all in line) and parting with my 70 Dart. Just wanted to comment on the srt-10, what a badass truck! They still run under a 14 sec 1/4 WITH 650 lb payload in the back (according to motor trend or car and driver or whatnot) how cool is that? Been seeing allot of them around here, rich georgia boys haha. Anyways glad to be part of this great turbo buick site and look foward to staying here.

Mine is black, lowered 4/6, roll pan, xenon front bumper, flowmaster cat back (it does sound good) and a few other little bolt ons. Too bad buick doesnt make a truck......

Back