Modded Mustang vs the GN

gn.87

Time Capsule
Well it was a first real race in the gn since the alky kit went in. I was driving down a 3 lane road in South Florida on Sunday when I noticed a 05-08 mustang making a left. This would have put him heading in the opposite direction. Needless to say the car stood out as it did not look stock. about 1 minute later I hear a LOUD roas as he downshifted alongside of me. I know now for a fact he "wants to play" because he changed directions. I look forward and there is nothing but open road. I go ahead and slow down to about 25mph or so and we both hit it. The 6152 turbo spools up hard as the boost is set to 21 pounds. 2nd and then third the mustang is slowly starting to fall back. (not by much) Again we go again but this time from about 30mph. The same outcome occured. I pulled away, but slowly and his car was screeming. I give the stang some credit as it hung in. I always could crank the boost up to 25lbs as needed with the dial under my dash. NO NEED THIS TIME. I would have loved to keept going but I let out as the speed limit was 45mph. I had fun but I did not want to push my luck. !:eek: The mustang guy said he had almost every bolt on he could buy. No charger or spray. We talked for a sec and then he turned around and went on his way. Most likely he went to the speed shop where he now wants more mods to beat a 6 cly which is 20yrs old):cool:

Those Mustangs can be just as tricky as the GN's. There are so many combos out there for them, you never know what could be going on under the hood.

Nice kill.

Great kill!!! I've looked all summer for races in my car and can't but one. Good way to represent the Buick community by laying down the law to those Mustangs.

Good kill. Was this a 5.0 or the newer 4.6 stuff??

Now a kid down the street just got a new silver GT and revs at me ... oh brother :rolleyes:

is it just me or do MOST Mustangs sound a hell of alot better than they run...lol

It was a new Gt. It was worked because it moved quite well. I was pushing 22lbs of boost and 85mph came and went fast. :eek: I wish my fiance was not in the car because I would have played a tad bit longer. It was fun though. This is the best part of owning a turbo 6.:cool:

Nice Kill!! Say, what kinda of times are you getting if you have any? Just curious, sigs are about the same.

It was a new Gt. It was worked because it moved quite well. I was pushing 22lbs of boost and 85mph came and went fast. :eek: I wish my fiance was not in the car because I would have played a tad bit longer. It was fun though. This is the best part of owning a turbo 6.:cool:

What times do you run? Your car should move pretty good, I would say that he was probably spraying it as well if he ran with you that well.

as soon as the track re-opens i will find out. They are giving us a brand new track at morosso :cool: I would guess high 11"s and hope for better. i will get a buddy who owns a performance shop (mustangs) to get a car to race me at the airport. I will post the results after. I know he has 3 shelby gt 500" and one super snake at the shop now. I'm ready!:D

Thanks, let me know the times you put down. You can even PM me if you don't care.

I will do! The only thing holding me back is the stock valve springs and 2&3/4 down pipe. My buddy wants to put the car on the dyno Jet but hp numbers do not intrest me. Its the BIG BRIGHT NUMBERS AT THE END OF THE TRACK THAT I CARE FOR!