You can type here any text you want

Modified Kenne Bell Airdam

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DailyDrifter

The Slow and the Curious
I am one of the fortunate people to have one of the best looking airdams ever made for these cars, but unfortunatly this airdam wont work with my frontmount. Solution=Cut it the "F" up :eek: .

To start you need 1 Kenne Bell (good luck finding one)
Corugated cardboard
Fiberglass sheets, and resin.
scissors, and razor blades.
Duct tape :rolleyes:
Sand paper to rough the surface up with
And last but not least, BEER:)

Basically I trimmed the airdam to fit around my intercooler pipes. Then used the cardboard to make a template (mold?). Then bend and tape the cardboard to the design you are trying to accomplish. Lay fiberglass on top and apply resin. I used some staples to hold the fiber down tight on the flat surfaces and even some of the curved ones. I still have to cut some original material away, then I will put some glass mat on the underside to make it more durable.

I know what your thinking "cardboard":confused: . If you sandwich the cardboard in between the fiberglass you could probably beat someone to death with it, it makes it extremely strong.

Obviously it isnt finished yet. I still need to apply more glass, bondo, sand, trim....yada yada

The scoop will now direct air into the rad, and trans cooler, any maybe put some downforce on the nose :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Airdam1.jpg
    Airdam1.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 2,612
  • Airdam2.jpg
    Airdam2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 2,434
  • Airdam3.jpg
    Airdam3.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 2,443
  • Airdam4.jpg
    Airdam4.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 2,459
that looks pretty slick ,post pics when it is completed...:smile:

that looks pretty slick ,post pics when it is completed...:smile:

I will, Today I trimmed some more and I just reinforced the scoop area. This thing is getting heavy with all the resin and glass :eek:

I am one of the fortunate people to have one of the best looking airdams ever made for these cars, but unfortunatly this airdam wont work with my frontmount. Solution=Cut it the "F" up :eek: . /QUOTE]

You got that right... I was thinking the same thing about 3 years back with my old car... I got rid of the car with the factory airdams and kept the KB, it will be going on my new car when I get the time to repair and paint it... here is a pic on the old Turbo-T

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 2,437
Looks great. I never see any with the dual intakes, I've seen a couple of single "ram" airs. I think that was one of the only reasons I bought my car. IF I ever sell it they will not get the KB airdam :biggrin:

It'll work really well too. I did that back in 99 when I had an ATR FM on my GN. Used to run 190 or hotter in the summer even on the highway......After the center scoop mod, I had no more issues at all.....I always liked the KB front piece too. Mine only had the one scoop.

You shoulda got the Xbox 360 Pro, its comes w/ more stuff and is a btter value :)

Nice use of the box though :D

You shoulda got the Xbox 360 Pro, its comes w/ more stuff and is a btter value :)

Hahahahahaha. I got a broken xbox from a friend, and traded it in. The only game I really play is Forza 2. The box is excelent for molding, thats why I got the cheap one :rolleyes:

Here is an attachment of my Limited with the KB two piece dual ram air's

Attachments

• IMG_5864.jpg
    IMG_5864.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 2,192
looks good , I like the wheels, they would be great for a sleeper! They wouldn't know what hit them.

who want a spankin from grandpa?????????

the xbox elite is better! and it black like a gn :eek:

on a side not i have a kenne bell air dam that my mom ran into a crub and broke it, it just sits in the garage now.

buickbert

So the question is.............. what color are you going to paint the air dam when its done?:p

So the question is.............. what color are you going to paint the air dam when its done?:p

If I was trying to match the color of the car in its current state I would paint rust spots all over it :eek: :( , But I think its gonna be painted gloss black. I've havent been able to finish the bondo work yet because of time and wheather. Hopefully I can finish off most of the bondo and finish work within a week then paint it.

A little progress

I trimmed it up a little and re-enforced the scoop. Then put some bondo with fiberglass hairs on it, and sanded it down a little. BTW when using Bondo try and get it as smooth as possible the FIRST time so you dont have to sand as much :rolleyes:. Next I have to put some standard Bondo on it to get a decent finish.

Attachments

• airdam2 001.jpg
    airdam2 001.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,909
  • airdam2 003.jpg
    airdam2 003.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,882
  • airdam2 004.jpg
    airdam2 004.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,883
it's official, gimme a couple months but i'm def going to make an airdam somewhat similar to this, looks good keep it up

So I sanded down the bondo with the fiberglass hairs and coated it with some regular bondo. Then shot some primer over it to bring out any other defects that I could see, and put some more bondo on it. And finished off with another coat of primer. I still have to re-enforce the outside corners of the airdam with some glass to stiffen it up a little more and do some touch up to the rest of it. BTW Bondo and resin have one of the best smells ever.

Attachments

• airdam5.jpg
    airdam5.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,830
  • airdam6.jpg
    airdam6.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,861
  • airdam7.jpg
    airdam7.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,849
Back