Modifying Detent Plate

Silver Ghost

Does anyone have instructions on how to modify the stock shifter detent plate. This mod is done to prevent inadvertently manually shifting the tranny from 2 to OD or N instead of drive. Thanks

I’m a machinist with shop privileges ,spend the 34 bucks . Yes it took me 10 minutes to cut but a hour to remove and hour to reinstall and the car apart for two days. It comes in the mail bam done that day. You could grind the slot don’t think it would be to pretty

I have a plate if you need it . I bought it along time ago when I was still running the 200 with a trans brake . I can dig it up if you are interested

I have a plate if you need it . I bought it along time ago when I was still running the 200 with a trans brake . But here is a picture . Message me if u are interested bud

The plate was purchased from Gbody Parts, shipped promptly and was a simple install. Best of all it works great. Thanks to all - boost on.

I was under the impression this plate was only for transbrakes?

It was for the old stage right break
I find it helpful For me to hit drive and not overshot into overdrive.
It is said to do your burnout and stage with shifter in 2ed gear position for higher line pressure, and do your 2-3 shift down track. Again to avoid going into overdrive.

Thanks for the info.:cool: I am looking to buy 2 if anyone has any.
Thanks again

It was for the old stage right break
I find it helpful For me to hit drive and not overshot into overdrive.
It is said to do your burnout and stage with shifter in 2ed gear position for higher line pressure, and do your 2-3 shift down track. Again to avoid going into overdrive.
My understanding also, you get full line pressure with the 2nd selected, but the pressure varies with TV position in 3rd and 4th.

I purchased one of the plates and just thought I would post up my opinion. I found the detent in low did not line up perfect with every adjustment you could think of. To be honest the stock plate works and the detents were perfect. I don't have a problem leaving in second and just pushing the shifter gently into 3rd. You have to be pretty aggressive to over shoot 3rd and if so it will just hit the 4th detent gate. I removed mine and put the stocker back in. Not saying anyone is wrong here, just a personnel preference and I went back to stock. just some FYI