Monte Carlo Comments!

Haven't got a Monte comment yet but i've good short story to share ... I had spotted a mid 80's Fox body GT Convertible and caught up to where I was able to make eye contact with the driver ( a couple of old guys in there 60's cruising ) and just as I was going to comment how clean they're ride was, the driver called over and said "i was just discussing your car with my friend and does it have a 6 cyl ? " i chuckled and said yes but turbo'd and the left turn signal went green for me and i showed them what it looks like when the boost hits :)

Hey man.....you got a joint? :D Great avatar. I love that movie. Welcome to the club!

Monte Carlo comments are not that common anymore. I get lots of people sharing their first experience with a turbo Buick with me. I've also met some cool guys who had some involvement in the development of the car since I live close to the old GM proving grounds. A couple weeks ago I talked to a guy who worked for GM and raced a 70 GS Stage 1 in the stock class that he bought new as an employee. He was still around when they were testing TR's. He confirmed the "We brake for Corvettes" bumper stickers that were put on the test cars. Last year I met a former GM calibration engineer who worked on developing the factory tunes for the TR's. He was also involved in the methanol injection project that never made its way to production. I do still get the "my brother's roommate's uncle had the twin turbo V8 FBI car" crap a lot. I do my best to educate people. I hate it when they argue with me though. Like most, I just smile and tell then that they may be right. It gets under my skin when people call it an International or a Grannash. The one thing we can claim is that we all own the car with far more urban legends around it than any other. Maybe we should start some new ones.

Hey man.....you got a joint? :D Great avatar. I love that movie. Welcome to the club!

Monte Carlo comments are not that common anymore. I get lots of people sharing their first experience with a turbo Buick with me. I've also met some cool guys who had some involvement in the development of the car since I live close to the old GM proving grounds. A couple weeks ago I talked to a guy who worked for GM and raced a 70 GS Stage 1 in the stock class that he bought new as an employee. He was still around when they were testing TR's. He confirmed the "We brake for Corvettes" bumper stickers that were put on the test cars. Last year I met a former GM calibration engineer who worked on developing the factory tunes for the TR's. He was also involved in the methanol injection project that never made its way to production. I do still get the "my brother's roommate's uncle had the twin turbo V8 FBI car" crap a lot. I do my best to educate people. I hate it when they argue with me though. Like most, I just smile and tell then that they may be right. It gets under my skin when people call it an International or a Grannash. The one thing we can claim is that we all own the car with far more urban legends around it than any other. Maybe we should start some new ones.

- Be a lot cooler if you did..... LOL

I heard Matthew Mcconaughey was being dropped by Lincoln to endorse Buick for the release of the new Grand National commercials?