Monthly meeting location.

blackshoebox

Staff member
Ok everyone, it has come to my attention that the location of the monthly meeting is kind of lame in the eyes of some of the club members.

I am considering moving the meeting back to Tower Shops depending on:

1: what kind of parking can be arranged by the management of towers for us.
2. What the club wants.
3. Refer to 1 & 2.;)

So what does the club want, post away please. Jesse if you see this, could you make this a sticky.

Thanks,
Alex

I like the towers, there is much more going on and much more to look at. The parking sucks big time though. If we could get some parking, I'm all for moving it back to the towers.

There is no reserved parking at towers. I tried already. There is no way we can meet there. It is way to crowded. That is why we had to move.

Who said it was lame? We aren't there for a car show, we are there to meet and hang out with the other club members.

There is plenty of parking, it is centrally located, and there are plenty of places to eat.

Originally posted by jsta6
There is no reserved parking at towers. I tried already. There is no way we can meet there. It is way to crowded. That is why we had to move.

Who said it was lame? We aren't there for a car show, we are there to meet and hang out with the other club members.

There is plenty of parking, it is centrally located, and there are plenty of places to eat.

From talking to most of the club, most were interested in the Car show like atmosphere of towers, along with more stuff for the kids and wives to do. Parking can be reserved up till 7:00, so I would have to reserve a location of the clubs choice real early, and people would have to get there early. At worst, we could try it, and if it turns out it is a complete mess, no one will be taking our spot where we meet now. Also it appears fridays, are more convinent for most of the club members.

Just my $.02 worth, BUT I'd be a lot more inclined to show up at tht tower shops for several reasons. Closer, car show to hang around and look at, expecially for the wives or girlfriends, and I LIKE having others come by and talk about my car. And Friday night is a LOT easier to work into our schedule.

To be honest, I have been to several "club meetings" and I don't think parking should be a problem because I have never seen more than about 8 cars there at one time. The last time I was at the meeting at Towers, there was 3 of us. I also have never heard any "club business" discussed. It was just a hang out and look at each others cars which with 3-8 cars, gets old quick. At least if only 3 show up at Towers, it isn't a wasted drive, you can always enjoy the show. Also, how can you have an organized meeting to discuss things when people show up anytime between 7-10?

As for reserved parking, how do the vette, PT Cruisers (2 groups), SS Impala guys, etc get a block of space to park in? Someone just shows up early and ropes off a spot?

I know I'm not a good regular attendee so take my opinions and observations in stride.

Terry

If I remember correctly, there were two reasons why we moved.

1. Available parking. We do seem to average about 15 cars. We can save spaces at towers, but only if we get there early (4 - 5pm). We can only save so many spots. If we save 10 spaces, and only 3 cars show up, we will look stupid. Or if we get 15 cars showing up between 9-10 PM, they won't have anywhere to park.

2. Where are all of the people that said that they could not make Friday nights becuase of work? Most people said that by the time they got home from work, had dinner, etc, they couldn't make the meet.
==============

It would be a lot better if everyone showed up at the same time. "Make sure you are there at 8pm to discuss club business."

If you want to talk about these cars, then be at our meeting at 8.

If you want to go to a car show, go to a car show.:D

Originally posted by blackshoebox
along with more stuff for the kids and wives to do.

i have kids? humm, news to me..

i like where the club meet is, but thats me, i only represent 1/40th or so of the club, the only complaint i have of the place where we are now is that ther really isnt a place to grab something 'quick' to eat or drink, like if you want a drink, you got to either go for a short drive, or a long walk.

and so far every club meet that we had, that i've been to (which is all since november) there have been over 10 cars. and i would think that would be kind of hard at towers

also keep in mind, this month i am going to start sending out the snail mail (i really am this month, no kidding ;) ) so we may have more people coming because as you all know not everyone reads there email.

if you guys can give me a hand and split the mailing list amoung our selves so i can get everyones email, id apperciate the help.

anyways my thoughts...

-Neil

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor
if you want a drink, you got to either go for a short drive, or a long walk.
-Neil

Really... Didn't seem like a short drive to us. :D ;)

The spot doesn't really matter to me as long as we meet up and talk. I look forward to that day every month. I really enjoy talking to everyone and meeting someone new every month. It's alot of fun, plus gives me a chance to catch up to things that are going on since I've been working like a mad man lately and barely come on here anymore.

If you guys want a change, we have what is known as the "Hialeah tower shops" every Saturday on W 49th street and 13th Ave. It's a nice size parking lot infront of a Kmart. Lots of nice old cars hang out thier till like 11:30 pm every Saturday. I was their this past Saturday AFTER our meet. Would anyone like to join me this week?

It would probably be easier for me to attend Towers on Friday also. I sometimes take my wife and 10 year old daughter to eat in the area there, we stop by and look around the car show too.I haven't been able to make any of the HOME DEPOT meets on Saturday nights, just hectic weekend schedules.

tower shops

Just my 2 cent worth. I do like the Tower shop better then the Home Depot location. Food and drinks are in short walking distance, more things going on for the other half and kids.

Parking will be always a problem at the Tower Shop, The people ( club ) that run the event is part of the problem. We do have about 40+ TR's in the area, only a few show up some time and it seems because of work, children, wife/ girl friends not all of us can make it early, we are a late group.

The parking gets really bad as the night goes on. Too bad they could have more lighted area and better layout for all of the cars. We may want to talk at the tower shop club and see what we can get for ONCE a month from them, the next thing would be if they would stick to there word.

Hialeah tower shops ???

Paul

The plan is...

...We will be having two monthly meetings. One at the current location and time. And another on the Last Friday of the month @ tower shops. Show up at both or show up at one, its all good.:)

I will be starting a new thread about the tower shops meeting, a little later. I think since this club is growing and only meeting once a month can be a drag, another meeting can do nothing but good.

-Alex

Now we will have some people going on Fridays, and some people going on Saturdays, and some people that are confused.

The Orlando club does not meet anywhere special, just an Arby's.

There is a Wendy's about 100 yards South of us, Ale House 200 yards South, McDonalds and Taco Bell 200 yards North, and the diner about 50 yards West. I don't think that it is that far to go for something to drink. These places are just as far as the Miami Subs is at towers.

Towers is a cluster f@#$% and it ain't ever going to work. It is to crowded. They don't save spots for clubs. When we do get to save spots for a few cars, anyone who comes late (like 7-8pm) can't park with us.

If everyone wants to be closer to food, then we should just move 100 yards South to the Wendy's parking lot.

For some people, towers is closer, but for some people, towers is farther.

For some people, Saturday is hard to do, but for most people, Friday was harder becuase of work.

If everyone wants to be closer to food, then we should just move 100 yards South to the Wendy's parking lot.

For some people, towers is closer, but for some people, towers is farther.

that sounds good to me, and not to sound like im nagging or anything, but both are kinda far, espically, since one guy said he was coming for jupiter, that like what a two hour drive almost? thats pretty far, he must be pretty dedicated to come that far. and i dont think the two meeting places is a good idea either... just my thoughts

-Neil

This is a mess..

...at this point. :( How about all meeting at Fuds in Ft.lauderdale, early on a Sat night, say 6:30 or 7?? That is the best of both worlds, plenty of parking, and food.

lol.

That actually sounds like a good idea.:D

Of course, all of the people that live out west will bitch...;)

I thought that place was crowded with street racers on Saturdays?

Why don't you and/or Neil call everyone on the members list and ask them to vote on one of the three places?:D

fuds does get crowded.. last time i was there it was all rustangs and F bodies... and no parking also... this is a mess....

-Neil

I thought that place was crowded with street racers on Saturdays?

Why don't you and/or Neil call everyone on the members list and ask them to vote on one of the three places?:D

If we get there early, parking will not be an issue. I guess we can set-up a poll to see what everyone wants. I will call some of the people I know and speak to on a daily basis, and get there input also.

Fudds on federal?!?! Man that is far! I can't put that many miles on my low mile show GN! Thats at least 2 miles from my house. ;)

:D

Kill me now.

lol.

Remember, I was the one that wanted to meet at the Kmart across the street from towers becuase it had so much space and such bright lights.

If everyone gets to vote, it should be pretty decisive.

Anywhere but Dade...:cool:

fudds fort lauderdale

Hey
guys i just heard about the club from shawn i got an 84 regal converted total to 86 drive train. I have had the car a few months i have a few mods 44-ta turbo,46 pound injectors, chip mostly stock. I was wondring were you guys meet i go out to fudds all the time saturday night there is always parking there the early u get there the better the street racers come around 9 or ten oclock. But i have only seen maybe 2 gns max on a good night foods good lots of people show up. I am getting another 86 in perfect condition and i want to start attending mettings i love these cars and i am tired of the bsing from the mustang and trans am guys we need more buick guys up there to show them what real cars are even if you guys dont have a meeting up there its a cool place to hang and there are often street races right out in front of the place:D