You can type here any text you want

More dragstrip kills.

• Thread starter Thread starter Fred 86 GN
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
F

Fred 86 GN

Latest trip to Tri-State on "test and tune" netted three more "wins" for the GN!:D I did not expect to win any of the matchups, but I am finding out that a car that traps over 110mph can reel in many fast starters!

First car was an early 90's Mustang. Bright orange with a big wing on back wearing big and little rubber. Had a rough idle and loud exhaust. In the staging lanes I noticed that the young dude did not have a helmet on...but the dragstrip is often a little lax on such things during T&T. We stage after I do my quiet little burnout and he does a loud one. Lights go down, I am more concerned about building boost and trying to run a time than running him, so I cut a piss-poor light and he jumps ahead. He was ahead for about 330 feet. I passed him in second and put fifteen car lengths on him by the end. 12.7 to a 14.1. No wonder he didn't need a helmet...

Second car was a mid-80's camaro, all stripped out running slicks and no exhaust with a big cam. This guy had a helmet. Once again I am trying to get a good launch (and failing) so he jumps two cars off the tree. Even without locking my converter (oops) I reel him in by the 1000' mark and put a car on him by the end. Harharhar...;)

Third car I thought was really going to hand me my head. It was a 60's camaro, tubbed, race car with a cage with an older guy wearing a jacket and helmet driving it. This time I cut a decent light, and surprisingly he didn't blow by me. He just faded back half-a-dozen cars or so by the end. I ran a 12.6 to his 13.4. Lucky me, I guess!:)

Just goes to show, don't sweat what they look or sound like, the only thing that matters is how they run! At least at the dragstrip. :cool:

Nice kills and good stories Fred. I've only been to the track a couple times, but had the same experiences of beating the "race" cars. Some people just like the loud cars no matter how slow they are. I know, I've talked to a few here locally. I've just started on a RM car, so I guess now I can get some of that "noise" :D

Originally posted by Fred 86 GN
Just goes to show, don't sweat what they look or sound like, the only thing that matters is how they run! At least at the dragstrip. :cool:

Amen to that
In June I lined up with a 60's for Falcon, tubbed, caged, big slicks, and what looked like a 14-71 blower sticking through the hood (I'm sure it wasnt that big but from where I was sitting it looked like it:D ) This thing sounded MEAN

Well he got the light on me and I was at his back bumper and all of a sudden he stops pulling and I just took off. I ran a 13.4 to his 38.6:eek:
Dont know what happened and dont care. I won:cool:

Back