You can type here any text you want

More Gen6 Questions...IAC related

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

stroked94z

Thanks for all of your help with the fuel map. We seem to be figuring that out. The problem we are having now is with the idle. It seems like the IAC isn't working. In order to get it to idle, we have to continually play with the throttle blade position. We tried warming the car up and then adjusting the throttle blades until the car was idling where the idle speed was set in the computer. At this point the IAC counts were steady at about 48. We went for a drive and everything was good. Once we turned the car off and then back on, the idle was all out of whack again. Even once it warmed up it would not maintain its own idle. We checked the counts and they were maxed out, and I still had to keep the throttle blades open a little with my foot to keep it running. Any suggestions? Is there a way to test the IAC to ensure it is operating correctly?

DFI IAC answer

When I fist bought my 6.23 ver DFI my car did the same thing and we found out that the IAC control circuit in the ECU was burned up (pretty common). Sent it in to be repaired and good since then.

Mitch

Back