You can type here any text you want

more on Stage II springs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

summit

Stage II heads, .600 lift 240 @ 50 duration roller cam. I'm thinking 260 on the seat and around 700 on the nose. Dan @ precision says at least 750 on the nose. I'm having a problem with valve float at 7500. I'm running triple springs with OD of 1.645. I didn't have this problem with the old Champion heads with alot less spring size wise. I plan on pulling these off the Stage II heads and measuring them, but I can't imagine them not working. Any suggestions on geting a spring that measure 250 at 2.0 installed and around 750 at 1.4?? As in part numbers or vendors. Last trip out I also noticed my boost not wanting to go past 26 pounds, but I didn't get tocheck that out very well. May or may not be related to the valve float problem.

Greg Kring
9.29@149.5

Hey Greg...here's the set I have: they're PSI double springs, P/N PSI DR1024. Specs are 275#@2.000", 750#@1.200, coil bind at 1.130". My current installed height looks like it will be around 1.950" and at that height we tested them at 295# or so. I think I'm going to try and increase that to at least 2.050" as I don't want that much seat pressure. These sound like what you might need; if I recall they were about $135 for a set.

Also, I wanted to apologize for putting my foot in my mouth at the Nats when I was trying to congratulate you and saying all the fast cars broke. Your car was flying, especially for a fairly new combo; I just meant that the tube framed, dedicated race cars were all out and you weren't. Trust me to make it come out sounding so back assed! :)

Back