You can type here any text you want

More power for the stock unit?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Drop Top

I bought myself a Christmas presant. I'm one of those guys that like the stock look but always want more then the what the stock had to offer.
I bought a new XM Radio system and a trunk mount 10 disk CD player last night. The deck is the stock cassett unit and works fine. It has the concert II set up. Needs speakers. But I want to add a touch more power and looking for better sound quality.
Is there an adaptor kit for the stock unit with RCA ends? That way I can hook up a small amp to power my new speakers.
I have a set of new MB Quorts 6X9's on the way. I already have a set of adapters for them. I'm not shure of the speakers that I'm going to use for the doors or the dash yet. Thinking about going with Boston in the dash because they sit flush and will fit under the cover. I'm looking at the 5.25 infenaty coaxles for the doors.
I want to leave everything as much stock apearing as possable. I don't want the glass to shater. I just want to hear my kind of music with a little more clearaty and not break my ear drums.
Sugestions for an amp and speakers for the doors and dash are greatly apreshated.

You can buy an adapter at any store that sells amps that converts regular line level output to RCA adapters. The adapter is a little bigger than a small box of matches and can easily be hidden behind the dash. You'll need to cut the speaker wires you want to run to you amp and plug them into the amp. The adapters are pretty cheap...about $30 I think.

Back