You can type here any text you want

Moroso A&B epoxy

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

larrym

West Coast Newfy
so i had a set of heads I pulled off of the NA 109 I picked up to build my short block. Figured I would try my hand at porting read a ton and looked at a butt load of pictures. "most of the gains are under the valves" "watch out at the pushrod hole" "careful on the floor of the runner and the short side radius" "raise the roof of the port" so I went to town on the throats shaped the intake hump removed the exhuast hump was working on the runners an TAH DAH.

Guess I got carried away raising the roof..........

can they be saved or are they boat anchors was thinking the Moroso epoxy might work if it was a water jacket or an exhaust port I would not even consider it.

photo-1.jpg

image.jpg

Well I did some digging locally and all I could find were a set of TTA heads go figure. I still have the ones that are on the car I can always wait till I swap out the short block.

So I did some digging and a buddy had some heads in his basement I had done him a favor so he said $100.00 got them home and started striping them down. looks like stainless valves 1.77 intakes guides have been machined for seals with bronze inserts on the intake side.
called him today and told him I owe him another hundred.....

Attachments

• guides.JPG
    guides.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 143
  • valves 1.JPG
    valves 1.JPG
    859 KB · Views: 137
another question how much do I get the pedestals knocked down for roller rockers? Just in case I find some at a garage sale?

a milling machine with a ball mill chucked up in the spindle is the easiest and cleanest looking method...

...in real life a $13 china 4" grinder will work too

How much should they come down? So if I do decide to upgrade I don't have to pull the heads

So the top of the pedestal is made narrower and the shoulder stays the same? Any dimension I should use and will this make the stock shafts more prone to breaking with the higher spring pressure for a roller cam?

The pedestal modification likely depends upon the rockers used. The reason is that I set a T&D assembly on a stock head and they hit the shoulder area of the pedestal. In this case the narrow area needs to be machined lower.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I'm likely going with T&D given a choice how far down did you have to go?

This was on an assembled engine in-car, just a trial fit. It appeared that going about 3/16" lower would do the trick. I had the stock rocker shaft off to replace a valve stem seal and did a quick test fit.

Here is a picture of a lowered boss from a picture that some one posted here:

Heads_Filled-EGR_a.jpg

RemoveBeforeFlight

Back