You can type here any text you want

Most common tables to modify at race track?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Six_Silver

I have a base program for my BS3 and am heading to the track soon. My question is what are the most common tables to modify the first time out? I know it is going to take several runs to get the car somewhat dialed in, but what should I concentrate on other than getting the VE table as close as I can with minimal O2 correction?

Also, what is the "Boost" menu option for? Do I need to play with this? It shows:
Boost Fuel 1
Boost Fuel 2
Boost Fuel 3
Boost Spark 1
Boost Spark 2
Boost Spark 3

Thanks for any direction or tips.

Originally posted by Six_Silver
I have a base program for my BS3 and am heading to the track soon. My question is what are the most common tables to modify the first time out? I know it is going to take several runs to get the car somewhat dialed in, but what should I concentrate on other than getting the VE table as close as I can with minimal O2 correction?

Thanks for any direction or tips.

I'm not familiar with the BS3, but have done some tuning.
It's going to take more then several runs to find the timing and fuel your car likes for any given level of boost.

Often overlooked is keeping accurate notes. Some trends are very subtle. And without good notes, you'll miss them.

Start with lower then normal boost, and built your tune one step at a time.

HTH

tuning

whats wrong in letting wide band 02 set fuel to a given curve instead of adding or taking out fuel?

If the engine always ran at a fixed RPM and kPa, that would be fine.

What happens is that it carries the correction around, even when you change cells. For instance, let's say you are in a cell that needs 10% enrichment. Then, you hit the gas a little more and your new cell requires 10% leaning. Since the O2 correction is at +10%, it takes a short while before it realizes that it has to switch to -10%.

The same thing can happen in reverse, causing you to go lean.

Your best bet is to get the whole VE table very close, and keep the O2 correction as low as possible at all times.

-Bob Cunningham

Back