You can type here any text you want

Motor and fuel questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2turboRX7

O.k. I have a few questions here, and hope some of you may be able to help.

Can a 109 block be dry sumped? May not be practical, but is it possible? Approx. how much for this setup?

I have a remote mount oil filter setup. This has 2 outlets. I was going to use one outlet for a guage, then the other to go to an oil cooler, then back to the adapter at which point, i'm going to install a tee. The tee will have an -12AN to -04AN reducer. From here I will split this using an NOS Y-block. Each of the -04AN outlet will go to each turbo.
Turbos
|
|
Cooler. ______|_______ Motor

Is this setup going to provide enough oiling for the 2 turbos?

Fuel system question. I am planning on running 10AN supply 6AN return. Fuel pump Aeromotive A1000. Think this would be suffiecient for 700hp?

Thanks for your help!

A properly done dry sump system using new parts is thousands of dollars. Many guys on this board have used parts where you could probably coble one together for cheaper.

I've never heard of a stock 109 block being dry sumped... nor would it really be needed as there are plenty guys making 700hp+ with a modified stock front covers with ported oil passages and the proper main/rod bearing clearances.

You would probably reach the strength limits of a 109 block before needing to put a dry sump setup on it.

What is the buildup on your 109 shortblock? ie girdle/billet main caps pistons/rods/crank? What heads/turbo?

The Aeromotive pumps are prone to failure after a short service life. Do a search on feedback from others on them. If you can afford one a Weldon pump is a better and rebuildable. Another solution (much quieter) would be a dual intank fuel pump setup with the stock RX-7 pickup assembly. -8AN should provide enuf fuel to 800hp+ and -6AN return connected to the stock feed line (reverse connects at the tank to make it work) should work out great.

Back