Motor in Now won't start

FWIW, I had a similar problem. Turned out I had let my injectors sit out dry too long.....should have soaked them in gas 24 hours before installation.....swapped out injectors (of course after trying everything else) and it fired right up!;)

The injectors are stock ones I got from Chuck around June or July. Do I need to soak them?

Where can I find a noid light?

Coil pack is grounded, I'm getting spark. I did find a blown fuse after you guys mentioned it, it was the ECU/SOL fuse. I replaced it but didn't help. There is a 30 amp fuse that looks like it has melted some of the plastic and has pushed back the connection in to the fuse block a little. I'll have to look it up in the manual to see what it is for.

I've moved the cam sensor around here and their trying trial by error so much I don't even know if it is in the right spot anymore. I'll have to start from scratch and reset it. That fuse may have fixed it and I just need to set the cam sensor again but knowing these cars that is wishful thinking!!

Thanks again!!

You might want to check the groundwire for the ECM.Behind the driverside valve cover there should be a black wire from the harness that grounds about deadcenter on the firewall.Mine got
loose and my car was acting up thought ECM was bad.

Chuck and Injectors

If the injectors haven't been left out w/ the caps off, and allowed to dry out, they should be good to go...They were pulsed w/ clock oil thru them B4 shipping. Without a noid, U won't know if they are being pulsed.. Get ALL the fuses right first...;)

I think I have a supply voltage problem. The fuse that was messed up with melted plastic around the female spade turns out to be the fuse for the injectors/pump. The pump is working but let me elaborate. When I was messing with trying to get fuel presssure, my buddy turned the lights on and viola!! Fuel Pressure!! I being the optimist that I am just figured it was hooked up that way as a theft deterrant. Now that I see that the fuse was messed up, it was probably butchered to avoid fixing the real problem. So what I am left with is trying to figure out what wire leaves the fuse panel that was supposed to supply the injectors.
Is one of the seven wires on the fuel injector harness 12v??
I did recheck the cam sensor and it is okay. When I first try to start it, it actually fires for a second but instantly dies. I think that the fuel being pressureized is slowly leaking in to the cylinders overnight so it does fire at first but no more after that.
I sure didn't know what I was getting in to when I bought this darn thang:mad: Help me out guys, need to know what wire that feedsvoltage to the injectors.

Thanks a bunch!!

I'm not sure on the wiring but do you have gm tech manual?Also is that 30 amp fuse the correct one?Is that why it melted?I'n not sure without looking at the manual.(I'm a work)

Pink Wire with Black Stripe feeds the injectors from that fuse. +12 on it with the key on.

Brown solid color wire in the injector harness connector.

Turns to pink/black at the connector to the motor harness.

From there it goes to splice S217 in the engine harness near the rear of the LH (drivers) valve cover. This splice is buried beneath the large harness loom where another bundle enters it on the drivers side. About 2-3 inches in from there. Gotta open up the harness and check it out for opens and shorts.

From there the pink/black goes through the firewall at connector C100 under the wiper motor to the fuse box.

I'd suspect the splices or connectors especially with melted fuses involved. :(

Oh, the reason for the splice inside the harness itself and not at a connector is the oil pressure switch and the fuel pump relays pink with black stripe wires tie in at that point.

I would also check the oil pressure switch wiring and fuel pump relay wiring to make sure there are no shorts that would also melt the FP/INJ fuse.

Gee Salvage could you be a little more specific??? :D Thanks and I'll check it out tomorrow.

So you think I could try fusing a line from the battery to the brown wire on the injector harness to see if she will fire up??

You planning on removing the existing pink/blk wire off the harness and leaving the rest of them plugged in which are grounds so they fire?

If you remove the existing wire and hook the new fused lead to the battery that would work.

If you don't the fourth of July could be in your backyard. ;)

Why not check the oil pressure switch and fuel pump relay wiring out first. :)

See the beginning of the thread regarding the oil pressure switch. The fuel pump is working but it was somehow hooked up to the lights. I'll disconnect the feed line to the injector harness and jumper it to 12v to see if I can get this bad boy running!!

Okay I see where it is disconnected and mushy. :D

Now go down there and clean it up and inspect the pink/blk wire for abraisons and shorting out to the motor.

Take a new roll of electrical tape and wrap it all up nicely. :)

Another test if you have an ohm meter is to remove the connector at the injector harness.

REMOVE THE FP/INJ fuse from the panel!!!

And ohm out the pink/blk wire from the motor harness connector to a good ground.

Should be open or high ohms reading. :)

Key off test of course.

THAT WAS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT RUNS:D :D :D :D

TIME FOR A BEER!!

I cut the pink/black feed wire and hooked it to B+ and it fires right up now. I didn't leave it running because I don't have the radiator hooked up but it started multiple times and I have oil pressure.

Now it's going to be fun again, I was really getting aggravated. Thanks for the help guys and I'm sure it won't be too long before my next dilemma.

CHEERS!! gulp gulp gulp ahhhhhh:D

You made me read that mess for nothing. :(

Glad it's running. :)

Now go fix all that wiring, or no more beer. :D

Thanks for the info Salvage!! You made my evening!!! I think beer was involved in starting this problem. Maybe I'll hook the supply to the injectors to the stereo so to start the car you have to turn the lights AND the stereo on. If not anything else, I sure am learning a lot by putting this car together!! gulp gulp gulp ahhhhh, better step away from the car for now, it's starting to make sense:D