Motor Mount Installation Question??

Twil

Welcome to the DarkSide
I am trying to re-install my engine, but the motor mounts are not aligning correctly. I can get the driver side to go in, but the passenger side is not a straight shot. Is there a left and a right mount? If I loosen the 4 mount bolts, would that give me some play. What is the trick? Need info by tonight.

Brandon

PS
Same Engine and Trans going back in. Just seem to be off a little.

Yes, there is a right and left side mount. I don't remember how to tell, it has been 3-4 years since I installed my engine. Sorry.

Gary

there are left and right , the holes for the bolt through the frame perch are closer to the backer plate on driverside , . if you tru to put driver (right ) on on passenger side (left) the holes in mount will not be low enough to insert the through bolt

on the ones i got from kirbans they were both the same which doesnt surprise me because the passenger mount was always a cheaper than driverside and will fit on driverside . but it screws up the motor alaignment.

with that said after the kirban mounts failed to keep the motor inplace i put an HR poly mount on driverside and since then the motor was tilted toward passenger side so i purchased a passengerside replacement from autozone (pioneer) and had a hard time getting it in , had to notch (cut slots to the holes with a grinder) it to get the bolt to work and used a large washer on each end of the bolt , but i did accomplish what i wanted which was raise the motor on passenger side up to put the motor back to straight up and give my DP more frame clearance,

maybe there is something wrong with the mounts that pioneer is selling for passenger side , or maybe they boxed driverside into the wrong box

My 2 cents

The motor mounts from my car were marked left and right. Assuming u have them correct, it may just be an issue of putting a jack under the tail of the trans without the trans crossmember in if necessary, to get the bolt holes to line up for the long motor mount bolt. Its really a two man job. one on the jack and one on the engine hoist. I used a stock mount on the pass side and a poymount on the drivers side, and at first the pass side was a lil high until I did the jack thing, and then it dropped right down. Hope that helps.