motor mount options

mbartell

n/a 231
I'm trying to find some motor mounts that will last longer than a year. I don't really want to go to those expensive urathane ones. My engine is a 231 n/a 2bbl. I went to most of the part stores in town and found out that the 3.8, 4.1 and turbo motor all have the exact same part number for the mounts. I was wondering if the mounts for a Buick 350 would be the same, or stronger. I haven't seen their mounts, they might be similar according to one of those little, and often wrong, pictures in a manual.
Should I run a torque strap, on my little 6 ?
Thanks
Mike.

i have a 85 N/A 3.8 2bbl and i have a 2-1/2 inch strap and cumalong on my motor b/c i have the same problem...

i got mine at autozone for 85 turbo regal and the drivers side mount has alot more rubber in it then most i've seen and is a different part # than the pass. side.

i've had mine in about a year now and have been abusing it since and the mount still looks good and its pulled plenty of 1.8-1.9 60 ft's in the 13:00's

no torqe strap

keep in mind that oil kills mounts so if there's a leak over there you'll have to fix it...

Are you suggesting tie-downs for stock 3.8 or are these modified motors you are talking about?

Is a tie-down needed for just a stock or close to stock 3.8 or 4.1?

i have a stock 3.8 2bbl ex. for the ignition... and i snap them left and right.. i put a strap on it and presto... never broke one since