You can type here any text you want

Motor Plate

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tony Shoaff

Does anyone know where to find a 1/8" thick motor plate to mount a 350 turbo trans t o my 3.8. Thanks:confused:

If I remeber right TA had one for the 455 motor and it used the bellhousing mount. YOu might also see if there is one for the pontiac or olds motors. Same bellhousing mount to.

How you been Kevin, long time no see. I have a Buick/Olds bolt pattern trans. Plus it's a one piece trans case.The issue is that my frt side of the torque converter is hitting my flywheel. Why none of us are for sure. I need to back the trans away from the block so I have room for a 1/8" spacer between the tabs and flywheel plus pull the converter out a 1/8". Understand?

How you been Kevin, long time no see. I have a Buick/Olds bolt pattern trans. Plus it's a one piece trans case.The issue is that my frt side of the torque converter is hitting my flywheel. Why none of us are for sure. I need to back the trans away from the block so I have room for a 1/8" spacer between the tabs and flywheel plus pull the converter out a 1/8". Understand?

I've been good...looks like you are working out the typical bugs in a new setup! Thats always the fun part lol.

Thats weird...I assume the converter is seated in the pump. The ultrabell's require you to cut the bell housing off and the new one bolts on using the front pump bolts. I don't think it would give you your extra space needed though. I thought you were trying to use a Chevy bolt pattern and trying to find a way to bolt it up to the bop engine. Is the fly wheel installed backwards ( I don't even know if it's possible)

Good luck to ya! Are you going to the Indiana race again?

Kevin B

I am supposed to go to the Nascar races in Bristol. I bought the tickets for my wife and I before they moved the dates on the Midwest Shoot-out. I hope to make an event this year somewhere just not sure when. If I don't I hope to be out nex't year with my new set-up and on the gas-kicking ass. The car I had the frame notched and put 29.5x10.5 slicks under it. The motor is all new with good heads and roller cam . I am getting ready to install the fuel cell and external pump soon. So i still may have time to test and tune before winter. I will keep you posted.

I am supposed to go to the Nascar races in Bristol. I bought the tickets for my wife and I before they moved the dates on the Midwest Shoot-out. I hope to make an event this year somewhere just not sure when. If I don't I hope to be out nex't year with my new set-up and on the gas-kicking ass. The car I had the frame notched and put 29.5x10.5 slicks under it. The motor is all new with good heads and roller cam . I am getting ready to install the fuel cell and external pump soon. So i still may have time to test and tune before winter. I will keep you posted.

Sounds good man. We are trying to get a track rental or some type of small meet possibly in the fall. Possibly in Muncie. I'll let you know!

Sounds good man. We are trying to get a track rental or some type of small meet possibly in the fall. Possibly in Muncie. I'll let you know!

Sorry for butting in Kevin; let some of us Muncie racers know if something is in the works at Muncie Dragway.........thanks; Dwayne

Sorry for butting in Kevin; let some of us Muncie racers know if something is in the works at Muncie Dragway.........thanks; Dwayne

Will do! Do you know anyone with some connections there? Seems like Muncie would be a great place to hold a track rental. It's central to a lot of guys and I heard it hooks!

Back