Moving along with consoles & shifters.

I would prefer a whole new console. Why spend money on just fixing parts, a whole new console would look way better. If just replacing parts on a console, I would be concerned with fitment and color issues..
One thing you can tell by the shifter handles is that they do nice work & the color matches well. I am the kind of person when restoring a car I keep as much original as possible when low mileage. When we grab a car that we would of parted out 10 years ago & put it back together I like to go new as possible. I think it depends on the vehicle itself. I feel bad about some of the cars I parted out 10-15 years ago. With what we are doing now I feel good knowing we will be able to save a lot more of them. The cars we did part though saved a lot of our cars & kept them on the road.

DSCF1097.JPG
DSCF1098.JPG
DSCF1099.JPG
DSCF1096.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF1096.JPG
    DSCF1096.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 212
  • DSCF1097.JPG
    DSCF1097.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 200
  • DSCF1098.JPG
    DSCF1098.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 210
  • DSCF1099.JPG
    DSCF1099.JPG
    175.6 KB · Views: 246
New lower & mid section console. Then old console lids & pads re-installed onto the new console.
I purposely used parts that had been thru the ringer. New parts installed or low mileage would of bolted on no problem. I just wanted to show that a part that had been on a car for almost 30 years can bolt right up to the new parts.

how much is a complete brand new console
Complete units are not available yet just the upper & lower sections. We have NOS lids & front pads at the manufacturers but I think it will be a while before they are developed.