You can type here any text you want

msd 7 dig/ programable?????????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

INTHEEIGHTS

My Dads Faster Than Yours
anyone with experience using it and how do you like it .any hints or help thanks ken

Im running msd 7al-2 it just does not have retard builted into it.i was wanting to know i bought that msd 7-dig programmable i thought some one may have do's and dont's and maybe know some thing about the traction control feature and how does it work ............ crank trigger with calm shell dist . thanks ken

Im running msd 7al-2 it just does not have retard builted into it.i was wanting to know i bought that msd 7-dig programmable i thought some one may have do's and dont's and maybe know some thing about the traction control feature and how does it work ............ crank trigger with calm shell dist . thanks ken

I just put the Digi-7 on my car. It seems to crank better like the box is hotter than my old 7al-2. I use XFI to cut the timing while cranking and have it zero'd out in my Digi-7. I use the 7530T....if you want slew rate control then you'll need the 7531.

Slew rate is a time based rev limiter that is triggered from the trans brake. You set how fast you want the motor to rev. If it revs quicker than you set then it will drop a cylinder out. You can plot the dot's yourself or use a datalogged run and place it on your slew rate screen.

I just put the Digi-7 on my car. It seems to crank better like the box is hotter than my old 7al-2. I use XFI to cut the timing while cranking and have it zero'd out in my Digi-7. I use the 7530T....if you want slew rate control then you'll need the 7531.

Slew rate is a time based rev limiter that is triggered from the trans brake. You set how fast you want the motor to rev. If it revs quicker than you set then it will drop a cylinder out. You can plot the dot's yourself or use a datalogged run and place it on your slew rate screen.
Dusty, Hey so you think it will work ok for me. if all i want to do is pull timing out at the line and ramp it back in to it.........

Dusty, Hey so you think it will work ok for me. if all i want to do is pull timing out at the line and ramp it back in to it.........

Yes it will work.You can use the map sensor to control timing like us EFI guys do according to your boost. You can also use the slew rate to limit rpm(tire spin)

Back