You can type here any text you want

MSD 7520 Ignition

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The fast xfi system will accept either hall effect or ipu inputs on both the crank or the cam inputs. You will need to ground the unused input. Call me if you have any questions. If you are using a classic fast, it will only accept the crank signal it was originally designed for. It will accept either cam input although you may need a pull up resistor on certain applications

Edit: I just saw your link went to the ignition box. That gets connected to the points wire from the fast.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Glad to see you're back in action again. So the White Wire from either the Classic Fast and the MSD Box should be fine to get things going..!

Yes, that's the only connection between the two boxes.

Your cam and crank signal will always go directly to the FAST box.

On the ignition box you'll hook up these wires:
Positive and Negative from the battery
Key on power
Points from Fast box
Pos and neg coil outputs to coil
and if you use the two step in the igntion box, you'll hook a trasbrake or something to it.

Last edited:
Hey Mike!!! You fed me too much now...lol
I think you had told me that I was able to use this box. I am getting too old for this stuff...
Thanks for the quick response.

Because the Fast system communicates the ignition signal through the points output, you can use just about any ignition box made.

If your trying to avoid the 7531, using another digital 7 box isn't going to gain you anything. They are all variations of the same thing. If you want simple the good old 7AL2 box is the way to go.

I found the 7520 pretty simple and no need for Chips to change. We have all we need with the FAST and the Boost Controller. So all I want is
an Ignition Box with Rotary Dials to change the Rev Limitters. The 7520 looks pretty neet. just hope it will work for a while.
Even though it's a dis-continued product, I can get my hands on a new one. If not the 7AL-2 Plus will be my second choice.

Back