Msd Dis-4 Ignition?

TRYMY231S

GTP Tranny Killer
Is this the best ignition upgrade for our cars? If not, what is?

Thanks in advance,
Nick

i dont know if you can call it an ignition system , , it uses all of the stock ignition system and basically interupts the stock output to the coilpack which runs through the DIS-4 then goes back to the coilpack , it does improve the primary voltage to the coilpack and should provides better cruising due to the multispark below 3000rpm , its also two step retard for limiting rpm (thus limiting boost) for launching more consistently . and it also provides preset retard by rpm and an rpm limiter . the fact that it drops cylinders randomly to do this really isnt ideal because in doing so it drops out two cylinders due to the wastespark ignition , but its better than nothing for a stage limiter
i have one of the old dis-4 units in the 86 for launching off a trans brake and i have a switch that is activated by the shifter being placed in low that activates the two step

the old 6215 units had dip switches , the new ones have dials .

lots of threads on this unit (and the newer plus) and its problems

It's a waste of time and money to put an MSD on a Buick unless you have a transbrake and need a 2 step.

Yeah I found all the old threads with the problems; I was wondering if they had all been fixed yet.

Are two steps legal in TSM? "No Delay boxes, Throttle stops or crossover boxes allowed." I just want to make sure of all my facts before I do anything.

TIA

TRYMY231S said:
Yeah I found all the old threads with the problems; I was wondering if they had all been fixed yet.

Are two steps legal in TSM? "No Delay boxes, Throttle stops or crossover boxes allowed." I just want to make sure of all my facts before I do anything.

TIA
Yes a 2 step rev limiter is legal. I have the older, regular style (Not the HO version) and it works like a champ for me.

Sully