You can type here any text you want

Mt 315/45 16

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ttypewhite

Finally someone made a decent size drag radial for guys with 16" rims.:wink: My buddy ordered a set to his shop so we can see how tall the 45 series is as well as the width. Right now I run 295/50/16 my my 16"x10" rim, but its just a regular BF Goodrich radial tire.

I'd love to see how they look mounted on the car. Please keep us updated!

Wow, that's gonna be a nice size tire for 16" rims.
Jegs shows 27.19" tall and 11.2" wide tread width on an 11" rim.
Might need spacers on a 10" rim depending on back spacing.
Definitely post up some pics if he gets them installed.

Patrick

Here are some pics with my camera phone I just got. Not great but not bad either.
This shows the difference between my BFG radial tires compared to the MT drag radials. My buddy with the ashy hands is holding them side by side.
Photo_042407_004.jpg

Photo_042407_003.jpg

Photo_042407_002.jpg

Photo_042407_001.jpg

update on if they fit w/o notching?? Also any idea if that 295 will fit on a 8.5in rim very well... I have 245s on there right now and they just bug me... not fat enough!

I would not advise putting the 295 on a 8.5" wide rim. Its too big a tire to sit on a 8.5" rim. If it fit, which I highly doubt it will, that thing would budge on both sides. You would probably be riding on part of your side wall. The 315's were bought and stuffed in the basement. As you can see, I have got alot of meat left on my radials, so I won't mount those til mid summer.

No update, I sold the Drag Radials because my BFG's still have lots of meat left, so no point in keeping inventory hanging around. They give a extra 1" foot print over my radials but with a measuring tape appear the same because the BF Goodrich radials are taller so they bulge ( to the same width as the MT) a bit where the MT Drag radials don't.

have you ever made some runs on the RIKEN wheels?

can you and make a video/s? Those wheels and tires look amazing!

Thanks, I have not run this rim/tire combo at the track before, so i got no video's.

Thanks, I have not run this rim/tire combo at the track before, so i got no video's.

hey street run videos are cool too! I just have never seen anyone else run 295 50 16's on riken wheels! very cool

well get that bad boy out there! fellow 295 50 16's on Rikens here, and I am super exited to try them out.

I think u should post the Back Space of the rears on ur Sig... you must get aske all the time...

Whats the BS on rears...thanks

Back