MT D/R's, on old rims with rimscrews

Roc87

11 Second V6
So I've just sold my MT ET Drags (26x10x15), used rim screws with them, even though I was only able to get a 1.71. Stepping up to a 28" tall tire, thinking I'll go with 275/60/15. Saw the other thread where every one was having very good luck with the MT drag radials, just hope they fit....

Question is, since my rims are drilled for the rims screws, what should I do about running the Dr's? Do I, leave the holes no tube, run a tube, or run a tube and use the rim screws? I hate that I ever drilled my Welds, but I really thought I'd do better than a 1.7:( . Perhaps at a better track

no screws and no tubes on MT ET street radials (DR's) , dont worry about the holes they wont leak and no need to wipe the insides with palmolive , they arent slicks they are DOT tires with sticky coumpound .

dont be afraid to try airing them up , ive made some really fast passes with great 60's (low 1.4s) with them aired at 22 psi

Thanks Paul, unreal these radials are getting that great of a 60'! Summit says on their website to use a 9.5" rim maximum width.......My Welds are 10". Think it'll be a problem?

are you running a 10" rim now?
10" rim should be ok and should put a little larger contact patch to the ground then i got with the 8" rim but the problem i see is 10" would normally need a frame notch unless its BS is like 4", the wider rim on that tire will result in less bulge but if the rim is 5"BS it will need a big spacer to get it to fit but they do fit in stock openig but if the BS is too small and puts the rim too far out with 28" tall tires youll need to keep the car raised (air bags) to prevent hitting the outer quater panel lip so thet means raising the car to prevent rubbing and raising it enought to prevent rub at turns is not too good for transfering weight . i have rolled wheel lips on both of my cars and no airbags)and the spcers aren't good for launching such a sticky tire . the 275-50 26" tall tire would fit better with less chance of rub , i went 10.54 on the 26" 255/50-16 MT DRS
with 1/4" spacers on my GTAS (fronts) and 255/50 -16 DRS (26" tall tires) with good lug studs and launch set up for consistent 1.50 60' (7-8psi) it wasnt pretty ,have a nice small vid of that one !

I can't decide whether to use another set of GTA "Fronts" and have a 255/50/16 DR, or use my Welds that are 10", with a 4.5" BS. With the old slicks, the 26x10x15s, they fit fine. I do have the 2.5" ARP studs. I've just had such bad luck with those slicks, I can't get over that a DR would be better for me....Guess it's all in the new technology of DOT rubber. I'll PM you with an email address, for that video if you don't mind:D