You can type here any text you want

MT drag radials what pressure?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BIGPSI

i'm going to get a set of mt dr and was wondering what pressure does everyone run on the street and the track? Thanks

d/r

I put mine at 18# hot, which it will be lower when the tires cool down...........and this is with a 15x8 inch wheel. i have had a 1.45 60ft on mine before. at the track

thanks guys! how do these do if you get caught in the rain?my et streets were scary!!

17psi at the track 27 on the street. rain is not fun but just drive safe and slow and you will be ok

255/50/16 M/T DRs on 16x8 GTAs. 17psi at the track and 25 or so on the street. No problems in the rain either.

I run about 25# on the street and 14# at the track with great results... As for the rain.......:eek: When taking the car to Tennessee for Puddin' to babysit while I'm on deployment, i ran into some rain.... I'm pretty sure I nearly sucked the upholstry off my driver's seat due to the extreme "pucker factor"... I had to keep it at or below 40mph with a strong grip on the wheel to keep it from wiggling.... No fun....

---Ron Jr.

255/50/16 M/T DRs on 16x8 GTAs. 17psi at the track and 25 or so on the street. No problems in the rain either.

Are those your times with those rims? I'm running the same rim but wanted to know if I should be running a 15' rim vs a 16' rim. Thanks for a response. :cool:

Are those your times with those rims? I'm running the same rim but wanted to know if I should be running a 15' rim vs a 16' rim. Thanks for a response. :cool:

Yes and no. Those are the times for my old setup. The 11.98 stock turbo run, and 11.99 run to back it up, were made on BALD 275/50/15 MT DRs. Track prep was great. Best 60 on those was a 1.64 I believe, but I'd have to check my slips from last season.

The best 60' so far with the new combo on the 255/50/16 MT DRs is a 1.66 or so. Pretty good for a half used tire, I'd say.

I have a set of 15x8 steel wheels Im gonna mount some new 275/50/15 Mickeys on, so I can save the 16 inchers.

My set of 255/50/16s was about $365 from my good buddie's tire shop.

I run about 25# on the street and 14# at the track with great results... As for the rain.......:eek: When taking the car to Tennessee for Puddin' to babysit while I'm on deployment, i ran into some rain.... I'm pretty sure I nearly sucked the upholstry off my driver's seat due to the extreme "pucker factor"... I had to keep it at or below 40mph with a strong grip on the wheel to keep it from wiggling.... No fun....

---Ron Jr.

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back