MT street ET radial users???

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
After a rather positive test article I read in one of my mags I decided to give these tires a try for the 2004 race season. I've tried about every other brand/style of "racing" tire out there in my prefered size, so after mucho thought I figured it's time to give these meats a shot. I'm wondering if anyone else has used this new style drag radial on their TR/TTA? When I first bought my TTA I raced with Nitto DR's and had less than positive results from them. I will say this on their behalf, the Nittos were kinda old/dry, so I'll guess that's why they sucked so bad. They had such a stiff sidewall for street use they refused to hook well with a T brake. The way I figure it, the T brake would shock them so hard they would start spinning and stay that way untill I let out or a substantial distance had gone by. Anyhow, when I switched over to a MT street ET I noticed an ~2-3 loss in MPH prolly due in part to the added rolling resistance and the tendency for them to "grow" in size. If my results with the new tires are 1/2 as good as what I read, I should be pleased. Please pass on any feedback/opinions you might have using these new radials. TIA

I didn't realize the are on the market yet. Their website says coming soon. They look badass!
Ray

The new Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials (drag radials) are not availible yet. Yes Summitt has them for sale, but I have been on the backorder list for a month now and talked to a rep yesterday who said they will ship from Summitt to me on June 20th.

I have looked all over the place to see if I could get them sooner. No luck. The only people who have them so far that I'm aware of are some racers in NMRA and other guys sponsored by M/T. The public can't get their hands on them until late June early July at the EARLIEST.

Are they going to have a radial tire to match the front?
I have the ET Streets in the rear and the ET Fronts in the front now. For the big/skinny combo it rides fairly decent.

Originally posted by SPOT MY 6
.....I have looked all over the place to see if I could get them sooner. No luck. The only people who have them so far that I'm aware of are some racers in NMRA and other guys sponsored by M/T. The public can't get their hands on them until late June early July at the EARLIEST.

The M/T trailer was in town over the weekend for a PSCA event and had one 15" set left on Saturday at $159 each. Impressive looking "race" tire!:)

Jeg's really pissed me off with this order! I ordered them on-line yesterday VERY early in the AM (work midnights), and got an email from them that afternoon with a statement that read that the order had been received and was processed. After reading all these responses about them not being available to the general public I called Jeg's about 30 minutes ago. The burnvictim on the other line says "ahhh, those tires are not available to the public yet", I say "why then are you selling them on your web site and sending out statements by email saying that the order had been received and processed?" burnvictim says "duhhhh, I don't know???" Now I have to make a decision on another tire because June is too far after the fact! I won't go back to Nittos for track use and BFG DR's are just alright untill they're about bald. So it looks like it's either another set of the MT street ET's (lots of sizes in 16"), Hoosier QT pros (like them but only size is kinda narrow), or M&H racemasters (kinda wide and sling crap all over the body)......all have to be in a 26x16......decisions....decisions???

I contacted Mickey Thompson directly and it looks like we'll be lucky to see tires in June. I saw an M&H drag radial that is available. Has anyone tried them?

An observation: I have 275x50x15 BFG DR's now. The tread width is 10". I want to go to 28" drag radials of some kind but noticed in all the brand's specs the 28" tall tires only have a 9" or less tread width. I wonder why that is? Paul

I tried getting a GP on M&H racemaster tires, but nobody wanted in:confused: Now everyone is looking for tires:(

If you are interested lemme know. The old thread is under "M&H racemaster"

Thanks,
Bo

I think the PSCA guys hace been getting the tires through Hawaii Racing in California. The 275/60 is the spec tire for the Wild Street Class. The tire has gone 8.6s

Didn't there used to be a deal for GSCA members where you ordered from M&H directly on got a club discount?

Yes GSCA members could get a 10% discount. I got a pair a long time ago from Jegs, they matched the price.

I called M&H last year and the new ownership knew nothing of a GSCA membership.....guy was nice enough though to honor the previous deal and offer me a 10% discount.

Originally posted by gn powered s-10
they are out summit and jegs have them for sale now :D
I just contacted summit yesterday and they said that the 275-60-15s are not in and will not for another couple of weeks.

Tom at M&H racemaster is very nice guy with great customer service.

I am telling you guys, If you want to get a GP going I can arrange it.

I am looking to get some cheater slicks 26x10.5x16 to slap on the stock rims. He doesnt make these tires yet, but if you are interested lemme know.

All he wants is intrest in these tires ...... no commitments.

Or if you are interested in other sizes/styles lemme know either way.

Bo

Originally posted by TT/Ameasap
Tom at M&H racemaster is very nice guy with great customer service.

I am telling you guys, If you want to get a GP going I can arrange it.

I am looking to get some cheater slicks 26x10.5x16 to slap on the stock rims. He doesnt make these tires yet, but if you are interested lemme know.

All he wants is intrest in these tires ...... no commitments.

Or if you are interested in other sizes/styles lemme know either way.

Bo
Most people would want 28 inch tall tires.Because most of our cars run better on 28 then 26.

Bigger contact patch and keeps the revs down a little at the top end.

I thought we were talking about TTA's:confused:

TTA has different gear ratio than GN's. 26" is ideal for TTA's and 28" is ideal for GN's

Anyway, GP can be lined up on any tire from M&H.

Bo

The question was asked if anyone has used the new mt drag radials on a tr/tta.

Then the conversation went to other things like racemasters etc.

8 people with gn's replyed and 2 with tta's

My point was that since most people on this board are running TR's and they like a 28 inch tire that you may not get enough buyers or interest for a 26 inch.

I think you would get more responses for the 28's

I do appriciate the fact you are trying to help out and get the ball rolling on a GP.

I think I am gonna try out the MT DR's first since my car is 99.9 street driven first.But once again thanks for the effort.:)