Mudflaps?

SpoolinUpGN

Hey guys,

i'm interested in adding some mudflaps to my '87 grand national. the only reason i want to put these on is because the car gets so dirty on the sides behind the tires on my brand new paintjob ! :eek:

does anyone know where i could find some? any pointers or hints would be great, thanks.

I have some to avoid chips during my burnout or street driving with slicks (slicks pick up every stone on the road). The rear 1/4 is chipped up a little bit already, but these help a lot. See pics:
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

I got these from Murray's auto parts. They are plain black and its a truck-size flap. HTH's.

Your Buick dealer should have them in the parts dept. on the front shelf.

Nice cheesy plastic ones where the Buick lettering comes off in about a year and a half.

They work okay however and fit the car okay.

Ebay will have them I'm sure as well.

Originally posted by T- Type Tim
ugly.....
You obviously have nothing to contribute to this thread. He didnt ask for an opinion from anyone. I constantly have a slick on my car. It gets steet raced heavily. Too bad you are in Arizon or I would gladly race you and take your money.

Well, now, after the last retort regarding the amount of value any particular statement has towards contributions to a thread, I am going to restrain myself from passing judgement on this issue. However, FWIW & IMHO: Steve Hurst, president of BGNRA, (Buick Grand National Racing Association) has or had something similiar to protect that area in behind the rear fenderwell from rubber and rock chips. It is a magnetized panel made out of rubber or something similiar. The club is headquartered out of Orange County, Ca. and they have adds on this site, or use search mode.
Now, regarding the those mud flaps:
J/K

I've got em on mine...and I like them. I get ALOT of ribbing about em, but they keep the car much cleaner. If you want pictures, email me and I'll send you some.

Originally posted by SPOT MY 6
I didnt see your lady post here :confused:

Ouch!! Heh heh. I've seen the black magnetic strips that go behind the wheel well for burnouts and such...good idea, too.

I have some similar to these.

IMG_5537.JPG

Instead of using mudflaps, why don't you have the lower portion of your fenders covered with some clear film, the same they use on hoods to prevent stone chips?
Claude