You can type here any text you want

muffler help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

asghert

Hi guys, newborn here. Just bought my first and need suggestions. I'm in an 87 with two Hooker mufflers that make it sound like someone tried to make a v8 sound. I'm looking to go as quiet as possible. Any suggestions?

Currently running 43 lb injectors and PTE chip, adjustable fuel regulator, mass air pipe, high volume fuel pump, TE -44 Turbo, stretch intercooler, throttle body, 70mm mass air, 3" Terry Huston down pipe, 3" Huston High Flow Cat, Hooker exhaust, Shift kit, and 3000 st Vig converter. At full throttle will reach 24lbs of boost.

+

x2 on that, I posted the same question some time a go and no answer but what I have tried is the dynomax turbo mufflers and they are much quieter then the hookers.

Hi guys, newborn here. Just bought my first and need suggestions. I'm in an 87 with two Hooker mufflers that make it sound like someone tried to make a v8 sound. I'm looking to go as quiet as possible. Any suggestions?

Currently running 43 lb injectors and PTE chip, adjustable fuel regulator, mass air pipe, high volume fuel pump, TE -44 Turbo, stretch intercooler, throttle body, 70mm mass air, 3" Terry Huston down pipe, 3" Huston High Flow Cat, Hooker exhaust, Shift kit, and 3000 st Vig converter. At full throttle will reach 24lbs of boost.

Put the stock system back on if quiet is what your looking for. But IMO.....It kinda defeats the purpose of your build.

hooker mufflers

I have the Hooker Maximum Flows on my car and it is very quiet. More quiet than the Hooker Aerochambers I had on there before

Thanks. I checked youtube and searched Google. Not much out there. I checked that muffler out on eBay. Not too expensive. Might give them a try. Thanks again.

Back