You can type here any text you want

Muffler

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CTX-SLPR

Howdy,

Does anyone know of a 3in inlet, dual outlet stainless crossflow muffler?

Thanks,

Ran across this today: Magnaflow 14267. I believe the image on their website to be missmarked as they show 2 inlets, and the one marked 3" is where there should be an outlet, plus is obviously smaller the the one marked 3".

HTH,
Tom

A Walker Ultra Flow (p/n WLK-17266) sounds like what you are looking for. 3" in is prolly available. :cool:

lee

lburou said:
A Walker Ultra Flow (p/n WLK-17266) sounds like what you are looking for. 3" in is prolly available. :cool:

lee

It is only 2.5" as far as I have been able to tell. The Welded (17227) is 3", but it is not stainless.

Tom

BTW, "plus is obviously smaller the the one marked 3"" above should read "plus is obviously smaller than the one marked 2.5"".

IMO, you just want a 3" straight thur muffler, if you want to run a dual type system, then use a Y to get two paths, and then use the straight thurs. I rather like just using a Pit Bull, with a Walker UltraFlow, in series with it.

i use twin dodge cummins resinators, 3inch in and 4inch out, cheap and sounds bad ass

bruce said:
IMO, you just want a 3" straight thur muffler, if you want to run a dual type system, then use a Y to get two paths, and then use the straight thurs. I rather like just using a Pit Bull, with a Walker UltraFlow, in series with it.

Well the frame design of the car totally prevents me from runing more than one pipe down a side and you can't cross over. The rear suspension design also makes it hard to fit even a 3" pipe over the rear axle and fit the pipe between the shock and the spring on the 3-link. I am pretty much limited to a F-body style muffler that has one in and 2 outs because just about any car looks goofey without symetric tips out the back side. I also don't trust anythign but stainless for an exhauste system, especially a muffler since they can and do trap water in them and unless you keep up on driving it for good long times it can rust the muffler out. I'd like to get a 3" inlet, dual crossflow 2.5+" outlet stainless non chambered muffler.

Thanks guys,

CTX-SLPR said:
Well the frame design of the car totally prevents me from runing more than one pipe down a side and you can't cross over. The rear suspension design also makes it hard to fit even a 3" pipe over the rear axle and fit the pipe between the shock and the spring on the 3-link. I am pretty much limited to a F-body style muffler that has one in and 2 outs because just about any car looks goofey without symetric tips out the back side.

Could do a turn down in the area of the rear axle, so no tips are visible.

Just worring about you having such a good motor, and hate seeing there be a cork in the system, is all.

bruce said:
Could do a turn down in the area of the rear axle, so no tips are visible.

Just worring about you having such a good motor, and hate seeing there be a cork in the system, is all.

I don't want to cork it either but there isn't much room for mufflers under the floor pans either. My 70 Riviera, same frame design, had 4 mufflers from the factory, 2 small ones right underneath the front floorpans and then 2 more small ones out back between the rear axle and the rear bumper. I had some walker dynomax's on there but they dragged the ground over every speed bump and it took me all of about a week before both of the had holes in them. I ended up using a set of spintechs, made the car rediculously loud but it worked in keeping everything tucked up tight to keep the undercarriage off of the speed bumps. With a different gas tank and spare tire carrying design the 65 used a dual cross flow, in one side out the other with dual exhaustes. All this in the way, I'm glad I have to put this thing as far down stream as I can to reduce the backpressure.

Back