mufflers????

pitoturbo

well :confused: should i go with flowmasters or hookers on 3" i have 2 1/4 flowmaster i want to change for the better :confused:

Not what you asked but, I like the Dynomax ultraflows and there was a $25 rebate going on.

I ordered the 3" Ultra Flow today from Summit and printed the rebate form off of DynoMax.com. The Flowmaster will sound good but will have back pressure. The Aero Chamber want be as loud as the Flowmaster. I have not used the Ultra Flow but will in a few days. Everything I have read says it will flow the best. The key is having the least amount of back pressure in the exhaust system.

I have the Hooker exhaust with the Hooker mufflers,let me tell you they will put you to sleep around 65-70 mph[bad drone]just my .o2

Keith

I would recommend some quiet mufflers that are very cheap, but I know you want your car to sound like a cammed up big block like all the other guys on the board, so I won't bore you with my suggestion.:D

Red Regal, please share your info on quiet mufflers. I'm looking for some for my 2 1/2" system. Had ultraflows with no cat. They did work very well, but the drone at certain rpm was bad.

This is the second set I purchased. $14.95 each. First set were 2 1/4" which I ran with no tailpipes.......NO DRONE, my STOCK TR w/ alchy ran 13.0 at 109 with street tires and pump gas. I now have 2 1/2" hooker catback, w/ TH downpipe, and all I can hear is my stock turbo spool........NO DRONE. Summit Turbo mufflers. Still $14.95 each.

Red, are these 2 1/2"? Do you have a part #, or are they easily found on the Summit web site?

thanks,

Yes, the second set I bought for the hooker catback system are 2 1/2". No problem to find in the catalog. $14.95 each.

dyno max super turbo's here 2 1/2 offset on both ends...very quiet last real well and flow killer.

does anyone besides dynomax even make a muffler...if so they shouldnt..

Well which is it, drone or no drone with the Hooker cat back system. This is the system that is supposed to have near zero drone. I ran this question about two weeks ago here and that was the general concensus at that time. Thanks Drew:confused:

Hooker mufflers on my system were cooked. I changed to Summit mufflers. No problem with the system, just with their mufflers. I'm pretty sure I posted on that thread. I guess you didn't read what I had to say.

Originally posted by Red Regal T
Well, if spending $50 or $60 (low end) for a muffler makes you happy.......then I'm happy for ya'. ;)

you talking about super turbo's?

2 1/2's are under $30 a piece but 3" ones are kinda high around $60 a piece but they are still the ONLY true 3" turbo muffler.