You can type here any text you want

Music from a DVD?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Raven

Here - watch THIS!
Anyone know how I could pull the music off of a DVD or if it is even possible?

There are some songs I would like to save/burn to a CD that are not available commercially (yet). Can I do this with a CD Burner and editing tool?

Probably the easiest way to do that would be to talk to some musician friends (if you have any of that sort) who might own a multi tracker....I have a Fostex with a burner and could have it done for you in about ten minutes. You could even EQ it to sound better at the same time. What movie are you trying to lift music from?

Ive been thinking the same thing. I dont see why you cant just take the L+R from the DVD player to the LR in on your sound card. Save the song(s) as mp3 or wav or something, then rip to CD. Maybe I'll get to try it one day... too lazy to pull my DVD player from my stereo rack.

Anyone tried this?

Jim

Originally posted by TurboJim
Ive been thinking the same thing. I dont see why you cant just take the L+R from the DVD player to the LR in on your sound card. Save the song(s) as mp3 or wav or something, then rip to CD. Maybe I'll get to try it one day... too lazy to pull my DVD player from my stereo rack.

Anyone tried this?

Jim
This is precisely what I'm saying...and with a muti-tracker, again, you can EQ everything if it doesn't sound right. I do it all the time (usually pulling dialogue out of movies for use in instrumental recordings of mine) but there have been times that I saw that there was a song that I would have to buy an entire crappy soundtrack for one decent song...nosireebob!

WINMIX.COM

download it and you can find anything you want, soundtracks, albums, etc. just as soon as you download em, move em to a new folder.

you don't need a multi track or anything, just some simple software...pm me:)

Back