You can type here any text you want

mustang hybrid

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

the wrath

my buddy wants to put a turbo buick motor in his 93 mustang what will he need to do this?

Some wiring, make motor mounts, depending on Trans. make a mount or modify the one you have. Find a way or direction for the down pipe. A place for the intercooler if you go front mount. New hood because it won't fit under a stock one, unless you go the route I did and get a tubular K-member with no motor mounts so you can set the motor where you want it. There might be a few other things but they aren't hitting me right now. :confused: :biggrin:

I have one. The guy the built mine used a FAST to simplfy the wiring harness issue. Custom tubular K member/motor mounts/trans mount-for a rare BOP case powerglide that is in the car. He did make a custom downpipe, but I am in the process of rebuilding the motor and will be trying to do something different with it, since it has a lot of bends in it. IC is a Sperco Front mount, with custom pipes. I have a link of picture of the car I will try to dig up...

rearend gears

what gears are you guys running in the rear end on the mustangs?

mounts

i'm needing some mounts too. wish i had a pattern, i would have some extras made.

i am also in the process of doin this swap in my 89 notch and am in need of motor mounts that will work with a tubular k-member if any one has or can make them i am willing to spend the money asap thank u

Here are my motor mounts I whipped up quick, nothing special but simple and it works. :biggrin: The first pic is when I was mocking up the motor and the second one is with it painted.

Attachments

• DSC00066a.JPG
    DSC00066a.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC00500a.JPG
    DSC00500a.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 200
Back