mustang hybrid

the wrath

my buddy wants to put a turbo buick motor in his 93 mustang what will he need to do this?

Some wiring, make motor mounts, depending on Trans. make a mount or modify the one you have. Find a way or direction for the down pipe. A place for the intercooler if you go front mount. New hood because it won't fit under a stock one, unless you go the route I did and get a tubular K-member with no motor mounts so you can set the motor where you want it. There might be a few other things but they aren't hitting me right now. :confused: :biggrin:

I have one. The guy the built mine used a FAST to simplfy the wiring harness issue. Custom tubular K member/motor mounts/trans mount-for a rare BOP case powerglide that is in the car. He did make a custom downpipe, but I am in the process of rebuilding the motor and will be trying to do something different with it, since it has a lot of bends in it. IC is a Sperco Front mount, with custom pipes. I have a link of picture of the car I will try to dig up...

mounts

i'm needing some mounts too. wish i had a pattern, i would have some extras made.

i am also in the process of doin this swap in my 89 notch and am in need of motor mounts that will work with a tubular k-member if any one has or can make them i am willing to spend the money asap thank u

Here are my motor mounts I whipped up quick, nothing special but simple and it works. :biggrin: The first pic is when I was mocking up the motor and the second one is with it painted.

Attachments

• DSC00066a.JPG
    DSC00066a.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC00500a.JPG
    DSC00500a.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 200