Mustang Hybrid

MIB

I have been following several post. I know AJE makes a tubular cross- member for a SBC. Will it work with a buick? I know a SBC will fit in a regal. I have a HB. I have seen several buick DP's mostly on the passenger side because of stock style headers. Some of the SBF have them on the drivers side. Is there more clearance on the drivers, if custom headers are fabbed? I am looking at a minitub, slightly narrowed rear, buick motor, built 2004R with custom mount. Several nice hybrids on the board. Please PM me. I need detailed pics if you don't mind. TFL.

im currently building one as we speak aje makes the kmember and a crossmember for the tranny i think only for a glide th400 and th350 tho. depending on how u make your headers or what not, on the drivers side ull have to fight with the steering shaft for the DP to be on that side, and as i know aje might be making motor mounts for the buick motor to drop onto a mustang kmember as well. feel free to ask ans many questions as u need, ill be dropping my motor and trans today hopefully so ill have some updated pics on my mustang project thread soon

When I ordered my K-Member I had them leave the motor mounts off because I wanted to set mine down lower to fit under the stock hood and I moved the motor back 3-1/2" from where it needs to be so I had to build my own trans crossmember.

Like Notched mentioned the driverside will be a bear to run a DP down that side. You will save yourself a lot of headaches if you leave it on the passenger side.

When I ordered my K-Member I had them leave the motor mounts off because I wanted to set mine down lower to fit under the stock hood and I moved the motor back 3-1/2" from where it needs to be so I had to build my own trans crossmember.

Like Notched mentioned the driverside will be a bear to run a DP down that side. You will save yourself a lot of headaches if you leave it on the passenger side.

I looks like I will just order the K-member without m/mounts. I was thinking along the same lines and trying to get the motor lower and back which means the drivers side DP is out of the question. I am going to keep it simple. :D .

Well it won't be easy but fun, when you move it back it starts to get into the steering that is what I have left on mine to figure out which won't be bad but some figuring for sure.

But here are some pics of my K-Member and then with my mounts on it.

Attachments

• DSC00066a.JPG
    DSC00066a.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 269
  • DSC00045a.JPG
    DSC00045a.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 259

I'm working on a similar build for an 86 notch. I was wondering what DP did you use and did lowering the motor help or hurt the DP clearance. I'd rather use a stock style DP if possible