You can type here any text you want

Mustang Mike's twin Procharged Drag Radial car runs 6.92 @196mph.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
MustangMike 6.920@MIR video by rjauto - Photobucket

This is now the 4th DR car in the 6's. Dave Hance was the 1st, then Kevin Fiscus and Alex Vrettos, and now Mustang Mike Modeste. I know of at least 5 other cars with the power to get it done but I'm sure there are more. Pretty soon it will be a 6 sec class. RIP Drag Radial.

Its hard to tell in the video,But it looks like he may have both prochargers on there.He normally only likes to run 1...But always has the Dual setup sitting there ready to be bolted up.

On top of that,Mike is a super nice guy...Congrats to him on a 6sec Drag Radial pass!

wow, that camara guy sucks

Thank you I am looking for dramamine and I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
Back on subject Mike is a cool dude from way back.
I am very happy for his success.

Its hard to tell in the video,But it looks like he may have both prochargers on there.He normally only likes to run 1...But always has the Dual setup sitting there ready to be bolted up.

On top of that,Mike is a super nice guy...Congrats to him on a 6sec Drag Radial pass!

Twin smaller blowers driven by a gearbox is the newest development in supercharged tech. Judging by Mike's passes and some promising results from others using the twin set-up, it could be the new way to go for big power. He's running twin F2 blowers on a 600+ inch Ford motor, it's actually Tim Lynch's old motor.

MustangMike 6.920@MIR video by rjauto - Photobucket

This is now the 4th DR car in the 6's. Dave Hance was the 1st, then Kevin Fiscus and Alex Vrettos, and now Mustang Mike Modeste. I know of at least 5 other cars with the power to get it done but I'm sure there are more. Pretty soon it will be a 6 sec class. RIP Drag Radial.

We can really thank M/T for where drag radial is at. No one ever imagined the tires would ever put over 3000hp to the ground. The tires are just that awesome. With several racers now running the class in cars that cost over 200k to build.....this is where we're at.

We can really thank M/T for where drag radial is at. No one ever imagined the tires would ever put over 3000hp to the ground. The tires are just that awesome. With several racers now running the class in cars that cost over 200k to build.....this is where we're at.

Dusty,

I think you hit the nail on the head, M/T is definitely to thank for what the DR class has become because of how great the tire performs compared to the rest of the competition. The BFGs were a start with a few cars dipping into the 7's with them and now the M/Ts have taken it to another level with cars in the 6's.:eek:

Twin smaller blowers driven by a gearbox is the newest development in supercharged tech. Judging by Mike's passes and some promising results from others using the twin set-up, it could be the new way to go for big power. He's running twin F2 blowers on a 600+ inch Ford motor, it's actually Tim Lynch's old motor.

Dusty,

Do you think Killin Time aka Steve Jackson will make the switch to the twin blowers?? I think he has done really well with the big single so I gotta wonder if he might be a little hesitant to make the switch at this point.

Dusty,

Do you think Killin Time aka Steve Jackson will make the switch to the twin blowers?? I think he has done really well with the big single so I gotta wonder if he might be a little hesitant to make the switch at this point.

If he thinks he can go faster, he'll swap without a doubt. We never imagined a stock suspension and radial could get into the 3.0 range 330'. He wrecks more F3's spinning it like he does than most teams wreck in 2-3 years of racing. I can't see him running a single blower at his level for much longer.

Back